“Friendly staff, great food.”
Review of Amish Market East

Amish Market East
Ranked #131 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Deli, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: Fine food everyday. Patisserie. tossed salad. fresh juice blend. smoothies. gourmet specialty grocery. fresh produce. organic gluten free vegan products. delicatessen. sushi. dairy. frozen. fish. meat. gift basket. fresh coffee beans. fresh pasta. catering.
Reviewed June 25, 2017

We did most of our shopping at this wonderful market. We did get some ham from the deli and the service was outstanding. An older gentleman did an awesome job. Prices were ok.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

The food is excellent! They have so many options you could be stuck there for a half an hour just deciding what to eat. They have pizza, sushi, soup, salad, pastries plus much more. Most of it is a buffet. They also have a whole store in the back. Although, I would skip using the bathroom if you can. Not the cleanest...
They have many vegetarian options. A gluten free diet would work here also as they have lots of fruit and vegetables.

Reviewed June 9, 2017 via mobile

I visited the Amish Market with my family for lunch. Right away, it was clear that there was quite a wide variety of foods available. We decided to buy from the salad buffet bar located behind the seating area in the front of the market. We filled what looked like a plastic take-home container and payed at the check-out counters. The several tomato salads were fresh and had good flavor. The mozzarella was also delicious. However, the Caesar and bow tie salads didn't quite meet my expectations. For dessert I purchased a salted caramel cupcake. The proportion was pretty large and the cake itself was dense and heavy. The frosting was thick, but still creamy and had an interesting wangy aftertaste. The cake had a flavor that reminded me of corn so I didn't finish it all, but the caramel and chocolate candy on top was satisfying. I don't think I would purchase one of their cupcakes again if I revisited. Overall, I enjoyed my experience and would go again to try one of the many other items they offer.

Reviewed June 3, 2017

We stayed several days at the Wyndham Midtown 45 and the market is across the street on the same block. They have fresh desserts, fresh produce and a grill where you can get a pizza or other prepared food. They have many kosher items as well. This market is one of the best options near this hotel for purchasing more than just the basic food ingredients.

Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in to the Amish Market on a rainy day. We weren't sure what to expect. It was packed!! At first it was overwhelming on how it all worked. But once you figured out what you wanted, there were lots of people ready to help and serve you. We all were able to get something different (taco bowls, Stromboli, salad and gyros). We enjoyed our lunch at a reasonable price.