“Awesome Atmosphere & Food”
Review of The Delta Grill - CLOSED

The Delta Grill
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I went here on a Friday night. The live music was jammin & vibin & everything in between. I found myself dancing in my seat a couple times. The food was mouth wateringly superb. I shared macaroni & cheese, fried green tomatoes & jambalaya wontons with my girlfriend. The service was outstanding. I really enjoyed the look & feel of this place too. All around, an absolutely amazing place. I am definitely coming here next time I'm in NYC.

Reviewed 19 February 2012

Really impressive and popular eatery on a Louisianna Delta theme for the food and beer which was very nicely cooked, full of flavour and accompanied by an impressive range of proper beer. good size standard menu with a regularly changing set of specials. Just round the corner from The Belvedere Hotel.

1  Thank Leigh-Harrington
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Had a great time, wondered why everyone was leaving with 'doggy bags'. Until it got to our main courses and we could hardly even get halfway through them! The fried green tomatoes are delicious!

Reviewed 26 January 2012

We moved to New York from New Orleans, and we occasionally miss the food and the atmosphere. So we were pleasantly surprised to see this restaurant right in our neighborhood. As soon as you walk in, you really do get the feeling like you may be in a restaurant/bar on Magazine St. There is authentic New Orleans paraphernalia all over the restaurant, but you never get the impression that it is cheesy.

The menu options are also authentic New Orleans, including its beer selection (Abita and Dixie are available). Typical Cajun and Creole offerings such as Jumbalaya and Gumbo are the highlights. There are also wonderful southern dishes like fried green tomatoes and chicken n' grits and fried okra. Mmm-mmm.

The waitstaff is friendly and accommodating. They make honest recommendations which are usually right on. The prices are reasonable for the large portions you get.

Added bonus: there is often live music on the weekends.

My only complaint is that the "A" Team does not run the brunch shift. The waitress we had for brunch didn't write anything down and brought us beer instead of root beer, and plain grits instead of cheese grits.

1  Thank MeenooSkis223
Reviewed 20 January 2012

Great for brunch and lunch. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is very authentic.