“The Espresso Martini I'd been searching for!”
Review of Cipriani Dolci

Cipriani Dolci
Reserve with OpenTable
Cipriani Dolci is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,719 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Vanderbuilt and Park Ave
Transit: Metro-North Subway 4,5,6 and 7 trains
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Upon walking into Grand Central terminal not only was I taken aback by the building (STUNNING - so much more than I''d imagined), but a glance to my right and I noticed a neat looking bar and a table full of Espresso Martini's.... Two weeks into our US adventure I'd finally found one!

We were seated and about 5 minutes later our order was taken. The Espresso Martini did not disappoint! In fact it's my second favourite I've had ever!

It was amazing! Our server was not the most friendliest guy around, I'm pretty sure he rolled his eyes at us when we asked for another round... Maybe it was an off day for him.

All in all you need to visit - simply to sit and take in the amazing building and watch the world go by! And enjoy an amazing Espresso Martini while you're at it!

Reviewed March 29, 2018

First of all, the venue, seated on the balcony above the Grand Central Concourse is a unique, perfect for bringing visitors to see the real NYC in action. The food is quasi-Venetian, but miles from authentic. The steak tartare was brought to the table on an unadorned plate. Some traditional accompaniments like capers, mustard, chopped red onion, etc. would have elevated this dish considerably! And no quail egg? While well-seasoned, it basically came looking like an uncooked hamburger patty on a plate. Presentation, people!

Everything is à la carte, so order a roast chicken, and you get roast chicken on a plate, no sides, not even a sprig of parsley. The pity is the food was tasty, but lacked any presentation appeal.

The wine list is well-curated, but felonious in pricing. Our $90 Refosco retails for about $18. It's criminal.

Service was excellent, attentive but not intrusive. A tad pushy about trying to sell us a second bottle of wine.

As I told one of the guests, you pay for the experience, not the fare.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

What a place. Living up to the hype of the eponymous chain. Great food, fantastic service and exactly the right vibe and atmosphere inside the place. A real real treat. Pasta dishes absolutely fabulous.

Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Cipriani does not disappoint. Lighter fare is available and delicious- I had a salad and my friend the salmon. Wonderful view over the concourse. Gets crowded but isn’t noisy. A nice central spot to meet friends.

Reviewed January 18, 2018

Cipriani has great drinks - the atmosphere is very noisy and the cocktails are delicious but expensive.