“My Favorite East Village Eatery!”
Review of Cafe Orlin - CLOSED

Cafe Orlin
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed March 1, 2017

I have lived in New York City for 47 years, and Orlin has always been my café of choice. Yes, even after all those years of trying new places, visiting familiar ones, Orlin still continues to top my list. WHY? Food and prices. Over the years Orlin has provided an every changing menu without ever having to break the bank. Whether it is breakfast, lunch or dinner, or perhaps a late night visit, Orlin has never failed in producing fresh food with quality, with your wallet always in focus. If you visit them for breakfast, I'd be remiss in not mentioning the Millet Pancakes -- not your usual "House of Pancakes" but wafer thin accompanied by a delicious bountiful beet salad with coat cheese. What a combination! But this is just one of the many savory dishes that are served up, several with a tip of the hat to the Middle East. Not to be eclipsed by the Millets, are several other breakfast items I should mention: the Avocado Toast and eggs; Huevos Rancheros and the Eggs with Potato Pancake. But trust me on this one: this is just a few choices from a menu that is well worth exploring over several visits. And if you like Café Latte, I challenge you to have just one! They get the prize for BEST LATTES I've ever had. With such a good and diverse menu, you'll want to return and experience the entire menu. It's well worth it. And not just for breakfast: don't forget Lunch and Dinner! And PS: the wait staff could not be more attentive and friendly! Just what you want and need, even when it's busy!

Reviewed February 15, 2017 via mobile

Went for Sunday brunch. The service was great. The food above average. The hummus appetizer was outstanding. It pains me when I want a refill on coffee and it is another charge. Who only wants one small cup of coffee?

Reviewed January 28, 2017

Hard to go wrong at the wonderful Cafe Orlin (except if you get there too late) - food's high quality, great value for money, helpful staff and good (not great) coffee.
Enjoy.

Reviewed January 14, 2017 via mobile

Third or fourth time here for breakfast. Had the Tunisian plate: eggs properly poached, Tunisian tomato-based sauce was very tasty, potatoes well cooked and the coffee was excellent. Service was very efficient and pleasant. Great vibe here, worth a visit (or 5)...

Reviewed December 30, 2016

Our son took us to Cafe Orlin and we loved it! It's a quaint little place with a lot of energy. The food was fresh and excellent. The pumpkin pancakes were amazing!! Our server, Kat, was friendly and very attentive. Can't wait to try this place again!