“Chic tapas restaurant and bar with great vibe”
Review of ABC Cocina

ABC Cocina
Reserve with OpenTable
ABC Cocina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #533 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Broadway and Park Ave
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

My family had dinner here for my daughter's birthday. The atmosphere is very cool, with dim colorful lighting, and lots of action, but it was not terribly noisy. The service was outstanding. Multiple servers for drinks, food, desert and coffee who were all attentive, prompt and accommodating.
The food was delicious and even though portions were small, very filling. We ordered guacamole, corn tortillas, mushroom empanadas, ribs, chicken tacos, tuna tartare, and all were excellent! The sauces and quality of each dish was exquisite. Fresh and delicious and the presentation was artistic.
The drinks including the watermelon mojoto were perfect. We ordered 2 deserts a Carmel vanilla flan and a chocolate chip pistachio cake --they included a 3rd desert-a fruitcake with a candle for my daughter's birthday gratis.
Although the meal was expensive for the 5 of us, for a special occasion it was worth every penny. For manhattan, the prices were standard. We also ordered generously. I would definitely return many times. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 31, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed all the food at this lively ABC restaurant and would have enjoyed it even more if there was more of it. Everything we tried - the Peeky Toe crab fritters, guacamole, calamari, and tomato salad - was terrific and gone in minutes. The same with the cocktails- tasty and small, a few sips and you're ready for another. Service was good and friendly, but be prepared to share everything, roulette-style, as the kitchen sends orders out at their own pace. We would have preferred being able to control the order in which we received our courses. In the end it was surprisingly pricey. More like expensive and delicious snacks than dinner.

Reviewed August 31, 2017

This place is like Pottery Barn x Urban Outfitters x Food. It is super cute and trendy. I entered through their furniture store and loved the set up immediately. The furnishing in the restaurant was to die for. Even the appetizer plates were different on each seat, but it still went super well together.

The service was 5-star. There was never a delay for anything, my water glass was always full and everyone was a pleasure to speak with.

You must, must order the Guac as well as the ham and cheese fritters. I loved their specialty drinks - they are unique. Order the Watermelon Sangria. I would give this place 5-stars, but I wasn't super crazy about all the dishes. It is Latin themed and being that I am a Latina - I am a super hard critic in that sense.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

I ventured here after a day of work in Manhattan and wanting to enjoy some of the nice weather. My hotel wasnt too far away, and this place had a solid crowd on a mid-week night which is a good sign. I sat solo at the bar and enjoyed every minute of it. Watching the cocktails being made by the expert bartenders and enjoying the delicious food was the highlight. The clientele is friendly and everyone seemed to be in a good mood. Thats probably helped by the delicious cocktails. :)

Reviewed August 28, 2017

While browsing the menu we ordered the chips and salsa and guacamole. This came very quickly. Salsa was made with sungold fresh tomatoes and was delicious. Then ordered a cocktail. Waited a bit for that. When the drinks came, we ordered our lunch.Thought we could enjoy the chips and drinks before lunch arrived, but, no go. They brought the lunch order so quick, we felt like we were being rushed. The raw fluke was very good as was the grilled, fish taco. We ordered another drink and guess what? When it didn't arrive, we couldn't find the waitress to inquire. Had to ask a server and still waited. By the time the waitress came around we said forget the drink. She was rude and eventhough the food was pretty good, we won't be going back. The service killed the experience.

1  Thank Jeannelil