“Delicious evening meal!”

Lafayette Grand Cafe and Bakery
Reserve with OpenTable
Lafayette Grand Cafe and Bakery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #872 of 14,913 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$18 - US$40
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Noho
Cross street: Great Jones Street or East 4th Street
Transit: 6 train to Bleeker Street, N/R to 8th Street, B/D/F/M to Broadway-Lafayette Street
Description: Lafayette is an everyday French restaurant conducting the spirit of French dining anew in downtown Manhattan's NoHo neighborhood. Open morning, noon and night, this grand café and bakery is dedicated to Chef Andrew Carmellini's new French country cooking and the daily social rhythms of eating for pleasure. Our light-flushed dining room features soaring arched windows overlooking the NoHo streetscapes and a live-action rotisserie bar. Our corner boulangerie-patisserie is open all hours offering artisanal breads, Stumptown coffee drinks, a light breakfast or lunch, and a host of confections.
Reviewed April 5, 2018

We loved the expansive dining area, attentive staff and most of all the delicious food! My evening meal included a starter and a main that were quite simply among the best food I have tasted in a restaurant. Both the baby beet salad and oxtail ravioli tasted exquisite and melted in the mouth. Great buzzy atmosphere, lovely staff. It was our birthday and we got sparklers and birthday macaroons with our coffee! I would say it is informal but still a place to dress up for - so half way between mid-range and fine dining.

Reviewed April 1, 2018

We have been living in NYC for a long time and can get set in our ways for where we like to go out to eat. I am so glad we tried Lafayette for the first time because I know we’ll be going back. The service was friendly but not pushy in the least, and they gave us plenty of time to enjoy our pre-dinner drinks and then our meal. The food was out of this world. I had the Moroccan-spiced duck dish and relished each and every bite. I could not get enough of the sauce which was very flavorful without overwhelming the dish at all. Another in our party had the brisket beef burger which looked juicy and delectable, and one more had the oxbow tail ravioli - a rich new take on a classic dish. Dessert was a mousse/ice cream coupe that had just the right combination of sweetness and flavors, again without being too much. All in all, we could not have been more pleased and I can’t wait to go back. If you’re visiting NYC, this restaurant is very near the Public Theater so would make a great pre-theater spot and you’re bound to have a great night out in the big city!

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

A friend reserved a table of 6 for us at 1:30pm. Def the way to go. We stayed for 2hours and 15 mins, did not feel rushed. Delicious jambon cru baguette and good fries too! Little pricy, but NYC always is. Great atmosphere and nice bathrooms. Always refilled my water. Will come back!

1  Thank jdpslp94
Reviewed March 28, 2018

We have made Lafayette a must for brunch on our last few trips to NYC. Upon arrive you will find a perfectly appointed French Bistro. The menu is not large but has good variety. The pastries are beautiful and taste just as good. The pastry basket is a must for parties of 4 and more. Great to share. Because it was just my daughter and me this time,we opted for pastry from the a la carte section. Perfectly dressed salad, and creamy scrambled eggs were our choices. Past visits have included amazing french toast, omlettes and smoked salmon. Make a reservation. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed March 22, 2018

Great service, they certainly know what they are doing from seating to recommendations to quality of food.
We had pancakes, house cured bacon and sausage and an omelette between the two of us. Excellent cappuccino and coffee....lots of other choices on the menu and a pastry shop in house as well. You pay for this of course but it didn't break the bank.
The decor and atmosphere is classic and warm. I would highly recommend.