“Traditional Mexican Food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: East Village
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This was a tiny little Mexican place and the food was awesome. Not an enchilada or fajita to be found, but traditional home cooked Mexican food. I had the Pollo Borracho which i later found out means "drunken chicken", it was lovely. It was served with vegetables which were cooked into the sauce. There weren't any sides with the meal but it didn't need any. My boyfriend had chicken in a mole sauce and we shared a Queso Fundido to start, delicious. It was about $60 for meals, drinks, tax and service.

Reviewed April 7, 2009

Delicious food! Loved the guacamole and the vegetable risotto!

1  Thank ahana05
Reviewed July 13, 2008

Loved every bite. Amazing flavors.

Reviewed January 9, 2008

I went to Itzocan Cafe recently this past monday with a couple of friends and me and my friends have tried one of the best steaks in months. This average little restaurant is not just about Mexican food but it is also a mixture of French cuisine. I personally know a bit about food myself. and I can tell you this much this small neighborhood is a great setting for the restaurant. I recommend people to go and ask for the specials they are the most authetic and delicious entrees I have ever tried. I recommend a nice Wild Mushroom Ragout or Duck with Rioja Apricot Sauce. Overall this small neighborhood restaurant is recommended.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 5, 2008

Great non-typical Mexican fare.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook