“Premium breakfast premium prices ! ”
Review of The Four Seasons Restaurant - CLOSED

The Four Seasons Restaurant
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between Park and Lexington Avenues
Transit: 6 train to 51st Street E, M trains to Lexington Ave/53rd Street 4, 5, 6, N, Q, R to 59th Street / Lexington Ave
Description: The Grill Room at The Four Seasons Restaurant is truly a New York phenomenon. Attracting New Yorkers for generations, it's played host to every major social event from JFK's 45th birthday party to Manhattan's last Grammy Awards celebration. Open Monday through Friday, the Grill Room is home to the original New York "Power Lunch." At night the Grill caters to those interested in flavorful cocktails and a bite to eat within Phillip Johnson's one-of-a-kind design.
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

So ...it's not even an exclusive room at the hotel (57th & Madison), it's like a shelf up on one side of the entrance. Now. It's all good quality and great service but it's bonkers prices. Four of us say down for breakfast that basically boiled down to three egg dishes, a muffin, juices and cappuccinos and expressos. The bill. $260 pre tip. Come on maaannnn. $75 a head eggs and expressos with a nice juice. Am I too harsh ? I mean it's good quality and the service is attentive friendly and sharp. Am I old fashioned ? Don't get me wrong. Loved it. But didn't love the price. It's what they invented expense accounts for I guess !

5  Thank 5headedmonster

Reviewed 20 July 2016

Not sure how this review will help, since our dining date and time was the very LAST seating and the LAST night at this iconic restaurant in the Pool Room. We started with cocktails in the Grille Room and they were lovely and gave us time to admire the architecture of the room and do some people watching. We were then seated in the Pool Room where our wait staff was wonderful - very gracious and helpful. Many of the items on the menu were not longer available, but still had a great dinner. Beef Tartare was sublime, as was the duck. My dining companions all had lovely meals and an unforgettable time with a place marked with tons of history. I loved that the acoustics were superb - a large, crowded room but yet I could hear every word of my companions - may new places should take note. Dining there felt very "Mad Men" and I am so glad to have had this opportunity. I feel I had a moment to experience history in the making. Thank you to the Four Seasons.

Reviewed 17 July 2016

What a wonderful place either for lunch in the Grill Room or dinner in the Pool Room. We were at THE LAST SUPPER IN THE POOL ROOM last night. Thanks Alex, thanks Julian for keeping this institution as fresh as it was when I first came in 1959. Thanks to all our staff friends who we hope will wind up bringing their skills to other restaurants and who we look forward to seeing again.

It was a bittersweet night. Searching for a simile, like the last night at summer camp.

1  Thank doug100worth
Reviewed 13 July 2016

To a glorious room, and to really good food: goodbye to an experience that is rare to NYC. Ambience and politesse in dining. You will be missed, The Four Seasons = ( My black and blue steak will be found elsewhere, I gather.

Reviewed 4 July 2016

The Four Seasons is closing in a few days and will depart their ever so classy premises in the Seagrams Building. My wife and I went back for one last memorable evening of fantastic food and wine....topped off with even better service. For some reason one feels that restaurants come and go....but the Four Seasons was forever. Was so pleased to see Julian and to learn that they will re-open at 280 Park Ave. What the landlord was thinking in losing this astounding tennant is beyond me.