“Big Surprise near Times Square”
Review of Rosie O'Grady's

Rosie O'Grady's
Reserve with OpenTable
Rosie O'Grady's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #448 of 14,139 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 52nd Street
Transit: D & E trains to 7th Avenue-53rd Street; 1 train to 50th Street; N & R trains to 49th Street; C train to 50th Street
Description: Family owned and operated for over 30 years, Rosie O'Grady's is conveniently located in Midtown. We offer full lunch and dinner menus featuring dishes for all tastes. You can enjoy the finest quality Prime USDA steaks and fresh seafood cooked to your liking, as well as hearty pastas, or light crispy salads. Main Bar open daily till 3:00 a.m. Our lower level Pub is open Monday thru Saturday, after 5:00 p.m. and offers our Gastropub Menu. Live music every Saturday after 10:00 p.m.
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We weren't expecting much when our friends chose this 'Irish pub' for our get together. But we were pleasantly surprised by the good food and excellent service. We were especially impressed with our server, who took the presence of a 4-year-old child in stride and catered to her tastes. All of the food was nicely presented and delicious. At $52 per person, we thought that it was a pretty good deal for the area between Radio City Music Hall and Times Square.

Reviewed 17 December 2013

We went on the tour bus of NYC and it was freezing cold. It was about 1:30pm and we were going to have an early dinner so we stopped in at Rosie O'Grady's.

The atmosphere was cozy, warm and inviting. It was busy and we had to wait at the bar for about 10 minutes.

We decided to have the french onion soup and was that a great choice! The broth was delicious and lots of cheese. Just the way I like it.
We shared a dessert of Tiramisu and it was the best I had ever had. We went on our last day in NYC or we would have returned again.
Wait staff and hostess were very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

had a couple of meals here. One was the 3 course lunch special. Each course extremely tasty. 2nd time we just wanted one course because it had been a long day and we were tired. The Irish Stew was huge with 2inch cubes of steak. First time my husband hasn't finished a meal just because he was full

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We came to New York with a list of places we wanted to visit and restaurants to go to. Rosie O'Grady's was on the list because one of the members of our group had eaten there on his last trip and fondly remembered the Shepherd's Pie.

We waited about 45 minutes for our table and then almost missed being called because the host misspelled our friend Dana's name (Danna) and then called out "Donna."

Once to our table we waited a short time for Sheila to come over to say, "Do you know what you want?" Not "hello," not "welcome to Rosie O'Grady's," not "what can I get you to drink."

We thought at first she was kidding around, but we soon learned that she was not. We waited a fairly long time for our food. When it came, it was plentiful and overall pretty good. The Shepherd's Pie and Irish Stew were top notch. My fish and chips were below par, but not terrible. We saw Sheila again as we were finishing our meal as she brought the check. She never came by while we were eating to ask how our meal was or if we needed anything. I had planned on ordering dessert, but we just decided that we'd had enough. We low-tipped Sheila and left.

Good food can't overcome rude service.

1  Thank William B
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I loved forward since last year to go back and get a well cooked filet mignon. This was my favorite steak of a life time. I spent all year trying to find a better cooked steak. Well, it let me down. Bobby Van's in Washington DC now is the best steak place for me.
16 oz filet was to be cooked medium well and seared on the outside. Well it was not seared and plate was full of blood before I even cut it. So I sent it back. It came out, I cut it and it was still bloody. After 3 attempts to cook it medium well it was overcooked and not fit to eat. I refused the steak.
Then the waiter insisted on cooking me another one. It was better but not like last year and I was full from having 3 plates of mashed potatoes that I could not eat but they were very good, above average.
My daughter loves the shrimp n scallops orzo. It was good.
I will try it again next year and hopefully Rosir O'Grady's will redeem itself or maybe I'll try Bobby Van's in NY.