“Lovely tea in NYC!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

First time here and was mesmerised by the cozy place with vintage tea cups! The blueberry cheese scone was amazing, with the original Alice tea blend!

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Website makes it look cute and quaint. In reality, it was a small cramped dumpy place in a basement. We arrived a little early for our reservation and were seated, We were told because it was in between breakfast and lunch our food would take a little longer. My daughter had an omelet which was very good. My other daughter and I had the Mad Hatter. The tea and scones were delicious. The sandwiches and the cookies were terrible. We were there about an hour and 15 mins. I had just paid the bill and my daughter went to use the ladies room. A young lady came over to us and said we had to get up because they needed the table. I have never in my life been told to get up and leave. It was embarrassing and extremely rude. Will never return.

Reviewed March 26, 2018

No matter your age, this place is the best place for Tea.. The ambiance, the food, all of it.. It's a perfect little quaint place..

Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

I took my 4 year old daughter here for high tea. We went to Chapter ii. The tea house is adorable. They gave her a set of fairy wings to wear and sprinkled her with glitter. We ordered The Mad Hatter tea for two for the adults and chicken tenders for my daughter. They had a huge varieties of teas to choose from. It was delicious. The mocha chocolate chip cake was so good!!!! Justin was our waiter and he was incredible. The website says not to make a reservation, but they do take them. I would definitely make a reservation. This place is a must when you visit New York!

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

As a lover of afternoon tea, when I read about Alice’s I knew we’d have to visit. We walked in at around 1pm on a a Saturday afternoon and asked for a table. We were politely told it would be around a 40 minute wait and they asked for my name and number to give me a call back. When I said it was a UK number they said it would be better just to wait in the lobby for a table. We sat and waited and within half an hour were seated.

We opted for the mad hatters tea for two. $71 (tip included already) for two sandwiches, three scones, one large piece of cake and several cookies, and unlimited tea. The sandwiches were well presented but not to our taste so we left some of those. The scones however were absolutely incredible, I definitely recommend trying them, particularly the pumpkin caramel one. The cake and biscuits were lovely too.

They have three different cafe’s around the city, each in excellent locations. Definitely worth a visit!