“Make your own fro-yo shake”

Uptown Swirl Frozen Yogurt and Crepes
Ranked #159 of 487 Dessert in New York City
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We stumbled into uptown swirl when looking for milkshakes. The notice on the door said they had milkshakes but when we went in there wasn’t any milkshake flavours on the menu board. We asked a member of staff who was very friendly and helpful and he informed us you can make your own milkshake (they call it smoothie) by choosing your own frozen yoghurt and then adding in your own toppings and then sauce. You then hand it over to the staff who then blend your creation into a yummy smoothie. You can mix as many frozen yoghurt flavours and toppings as you like. I had salted caramel and cupcake flavour fro-yo with lots of toppings and white chocolate.
We had put it into the wrong container and so the staff member handed us back our frozen yoghurt desserts to eat as they were but when I questioned her to say we wanted them as a milkshake, they were more than happy to pour our desserts into the correct container and blend it.
Very friendly staff, amazing flavours and choices. Absolutely loved it and will be going back again whilst on holiday! I had very sweet flavours as I have a sweet tooth but there were also fruity flavours. Highly recommended!!!

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed March 31, 2018 via mobile

I had never been to this place before and I was so impressed by not only how hard Peter and Larry worked (and their obvious passion for their job and it a pleasure to watch them work) but what the establishment was about.
The greedy person in me was in absolute heaven. I was able to have however many types of yogurt and toppings I wanted in one pot and it seemed too cheap for what I got. Thank God I don't live anywhere near this shop otherwise I would live in it.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

Tasty crepes and frozen yoghurt for a good price. Service was good as well, although it could be a bit cleaner.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed January 2, 2018

It was past midnight on a snowy cold day and boy we needed a sweet fix. Option was limited to only Nutella for crepe. And boy we loved it! Service was very good too.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 8, 2017

Good assortment of toppings, but the yogurt itself was pretty gritty and not particularly tasty. Prices were also a little high.

Date of visit: November 2017