“Used to be good, but no more”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
El Floridita Restaurant
Ranked #8,238 of 14,744 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

We've given this place so many chances, because it's in the neighborhood. Today was the last straw. Waited a long time for the wrong order; the food itself was not particularly good; and we saw how the manager was obnoxious to another client. No more

Reviewed July 3, 2016 via mobile

It's sad to write this post because the food is everything but the service is horrible taking a :30 mins b4 they come to your table. Another :30 for food to arrive your table and at least a hour to get bill. If it wasn't for the food being great I would never visit El Floridita.

If u have time on your hands please go enjoy the food but if time is important stay far, far away.

Reviewed July 27, 2015 via mobile

I have lived up here for better of 15 years and have ordered Latin food from all of the nearby restaurants. Better yet, my wife is Cuban and her mother cooks some of the most tastiest dishes. Since mom is retired from work and for the most time cooking, I order in a lot.

Their chuletas (pork chops), Bistec Encebollando (steak in onion sauce), and Arroz con Pollo (rice with chicken) are delicious. The roasted/baked chicken from all of the neighborhood spots are always overcooked and dry so I avoid them. Their white rice is also delicious and slightly salted.

Although far from the best Latin, for upper upper Manhattan, they seem to be the best in my opinion. Reasonably priced and delivered quickly

Reviewed July 13, 2015 via mobile

I have oh so many memories at this place. Most of them were drunk after an amazing night with my friends from New York many times in my younger days. the food has always been great and satisfying. Hispanic food, a lot of my Dominicans around as the area is predominately run and lived by Dominicans. I've also had cocktails and beer here and it was good.

Reviewed April 21, 2015

Stopped in here because Dinosaur BBQ had a 1.5 hour wait... never thought I'd be happy about not getting BBQ. This restaurant is decorated appropriately, the servers were very nice and professional. The food was authentic and my wife says that the Sopa de Pollo was the best she's had. 4 diners with 3 drinks, 4 apps and 4 entrees with 3 desserts and 4 coffees with tip - $122. VERY inexpensive for the amount of food we received. If you're in the mood for Cuban/ Latin food... you can't go wrong.