“Excellent food lackluster service”
Review of Pippali

Pippali
Reserve with OpenTable
Pippali is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,775 of 15,866 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: NoMad
Reviewed September 4, 2018

I have had takeouts before and when out of town friends visiting with their parents from India asked for an Indian restaurant recommendation, I needed to up my game and so I suggested that they go to Pippali. The food is excellent and my friends really enjoyed the meal. Service is very slow though. The workers were talking among themselves in the kitchen area. I don't know why it is so, but service in Indian restaurants in New York leave a lot to be desired. Especially when you compare them to other establishments. But the food here is fantastic.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

This is on 27th St where there are a lot of Indian restaurants.
Nice atmosphere with a lot of Indian people which I thought was a good sign. Service was good and friendly and prices are reasonable specially considering the size of the servings, what I ordered would have easily been enough for 2.
Recommended!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Reservation for two on a Friday at 7 PM we were greeted and seated immediately. Before we had time to open our menus the waitress appeared to take our order. She returned at least 3 times in the space of perhaps 5 minutes We did finally decide on 3 dishes The Aloo Samosa Chatt appetizer which was delicious and different, the Kerela Kalan vegetable entree equally delicious and the Goa Vindaloo which we found tough and would not recommend. Our water glasses were abundantly refilled without asking however the wait staff attempted to clear our table before we had completed eating. If you are not assertive this is not the place to go for delicious food. . .

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

The food is delicious. The restaurant is centrally located between Gramercy area towards Flatiron district.

The veggie platter, Chicken takki, and so more.

The food is great! It's good service and authentic Indian

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We went to Pippali as a group of 8-10 for lunch. We had made a reservation ahead considering the number of people and size of this restaurant. It' does get very busy by 12.30 pm or so. All of ordered the various "thaali" meals. I am a vegetarian so ordered a Punjabi thaali. It took some time to get the meals for everyone but it was worth the wait. They have many dishes and is more than good enough for one person.