“This place is STILL the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of minca

minca
Ranked #3,205 of 13,552 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: East Village
NYC
“This place is STILL the best”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

My friend and I go here all the time - it's our regular haunt. We recently decided that we would try Ippudo again as a change. Minca STILL wins! The noodles are absolutely the best. They are ultra fresh and the broth is made before your eyes. Many times we have seen them making the dumplings by hand and everything is prepared with great care. It's just the best!

• Visited February 2012

New York, New York USA
“Small Place, Great Ramen in NYC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2010

If you, like I, are a fan of Ramen, then this is a place you'll want to try when in NYC. There are certainly more well known and famous Ramen restaurants in the city, but I doubt you'll find a better value. I'd like to comment on the entire menu, but I've never actually had anything here but the Pork Ramen. It's so good that I just can't bring myself to try anything else yet, even though I often enter with the idea of trying something new. With a very flavorful broth and great big pieces of pork, this is a ramen that stacks up against the very best I've had anywhere. Set in a very small space with room for maybe only 20-30 max, you may end up sitting on a window stool or at the counter. It's in the Alphabet City area of New York, so you'll have a little walk from the subway. Great for a quick lunch or dinner as you can be in and out within 45 minutes so long as there' s not a wait.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I think their Tonkotsu Ramen noodle is one of the best in NYC.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2010

I think their Tonkotsu Ramen noodle is one of the best in NYC.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
New York City, New York
“Great Ramen”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2009

This is one of the best places in the city for ramen. I eat here at least once a week during the winter, and once or twice during the summer (no AC and hot ramen do not mix well...). Warning... Parking is a nightmare on weekends.

Brooklyn, New York
“One of the best things about winter in NY: Minca's ramen with pork belly.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

One of the best things about winter in NY: Minca's ramen with pork belly.