“Interesting store - amazing selection of food”
Review of Zabar's

and up
TCM Classic Film Tour of New York
Ranked #12 of 839 Shopping in New York City
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Whilst a store - Zabars has a great reputation for its variety of stock. It's almost like a sightseeing location. We loved looking at the range of goods from cheeses to cooked meats. A real authentic New York experience.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

What can one say about perfection? I could and do spend hours here when I am in NYC and when I lived there years ago. From the amazing choice of foods from around the world, the appetizing without equal, the breads, cake, dairy, cheeses, candy, olives, prepared foods, and delicacies to the upstairs where you can find every imaginable gadget, piece of cooking equipment, and cookware, there is no other place like it. I have never been disappointed in anything I have bought there. It is a unique NYC experience that is not to be missed. Can't wait for my next trip there so I can bring these delicacies back to Hawaii where I now live. Oh, how I miss Zabar's!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Came here following recommendations and good reviews. Was a 20 min walk from subway but thought it would be worth it! There was a huge choice; was just looking for ready made salads/bagels to take into the park for family. 2 of us had falafel salad and the others had sandwiches or filled bagels. Also got chips and fruit and a pot of fresh olives. The olives weren't great, which was a surprise as they looked yummy! The other choices were ok but nothing special, and I think I could have got the same from other sandwich shops/delis I walked past! So in summary, if you are nearby, it has a great choice, but nothing special!

1  Thank Debs M
Reviewed 13 August 2017

This was lunch stop for our bus on the TCM Classic Film Tour (recommend). We just had coffee and cheese danish, but they were very good. Would have liked to have had more time to explore all of their shops.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Been going here fir many years and they have some amazing foods, pots and pans and other baked and fresh foods. Great caviar prices, smoked foods, deli and olives. Their cheese section is bigger than most cheese stores alone. You will be happy here.