“Not to be missed! ”
Review of Zabar's

Zabar's
Ranked #24 of 906 Shopping in New York City
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

We always come here when in nyc and it never disappoints. Love the bagel with lox and good coffee. Not a lot of seating but it always seems to work out. Love to stop at the deli next door. Great selection!

All reviews
"shop"
in 35 reviews
"nosh"

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Whilst a store - Zabars has a great reputation for its variety of stock. It's almost like a sightseeing location. We loved looking at the range of goods from cheeses to cooked meats. A real authentic New York experience.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

What can one say about perfection? I could and do spend hours here when I am in NYC and when I lived there years ago. From the amazing choice of foods from around the world, the appetizing without equal, the breads, cake, dairy, cheeses, candy, olives, prepared foods, and delicacies to the upstairs where you can find every imaginable gadget, piece of cooking equipment, and cookware, there is no other place like it. I have never been disappointed in anything I have bought there. It is a unique NYC experience that is not to be missed. Can't wait for my next trip there so I can bring these delicacies back to Hawaii where I now live. Oh, how I miss Zabar's!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

Came here following recommendations and good reviews. Was a 20 min walk from subway but thought it would be worth it! There was a huge choice; was just looking for ready made salads/bagels to take into the park for family. 2 of us had falafel salad and the others had sandwiches or filled bagels. Also got chips and fruit and a pot of fresh olives. The olives weren't great, which was a surprise as they looked yummy! The other choices were ok but nothing special, and I think I could have got the same from other sandwich shops/delis I walked past! So in summary, if you are nearby, it has a great choice, but nothing special!

1  Thank Debs M