“Quintessential NY”

and up
TCM Classic Film Tour of New York
Ranked #11 of 839 Shopping in New York City
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Upper West Side market and deli chock full of upscale foods with Jewish and international emphasis. Just about any food you associate with New York City is available here. And more.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Zabar's is a cross between a grocery and deli which is quite an experience. The first time you go in you will likely be overwhelmed. You should come to browse even if you don't end up buying much. The interesting options are amazing. It's like an organic chain grocer, but with much more flare.

Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We always come here when in nyc and it never disappoints. Love the bagel with lox and good coffee. Not a lot of seating but it always seems to work out. Love to stop at the deli next door. Great selection!

Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Whilst a store - Zabars has a great reputation for its variety of stock. It's almost like a sightseeing location. We loved looking at the range of goods from cheeses to cooked meats. A real authentic New York experience.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

What can one say about perfection? I could and do spend hours here when I am in NYC and when I lived there years ago. From the amazing choice of foods from around the world, the appetizing without equal, the breads, cake, dairy, cheeses, candy, olives, prepared foods, and delicacies to the upstairs where you can find every imaginable gadget, piece of cooking equipment, and cookware, there is no other place like it. I have never been disappointed in anything I have bought there. It is a unique NYC experience that is not to be missed. Can't wait for my next trip there so I can bring these delicacies back to Hawaii where I now live. Oh, how I miss Zabar's!