“Terribly Disappointing”
Review of Zabar's

Zabar's
Ranked #24 of 894 Shopping in New York City
Reviewed October 14, 2017

I've read and heard so much about Zabar's and have always wanted to eat there, yesterday I did and my dissapointment is immence. While the store portion of the business is amazing the dining is so-so at best. I ordered a bagel and lox and was handed a sandwich wrap in plastic wrap, obviously made hours before. My companion wanted a grilled sandwich, also came wrapped in plastic , but was grilled. My potaoes knish got microwaved.

Ok, so stuff wasn't made fresh, which would have been OK if it were good but. I've had better bagels from the grocery store, one or two paper thin slices of salmon and very little cream cheese. The other sandwich was ok and the knish was so-so.

All in all a huge dissapointment!

All reviews
"shop"
in 35 reviews
"nosh"

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

I kept this drugstore in my heart as the synonymous of quality, variety and customer focus, all at a premium price I was glad to pay. Certainly, when someone wakes up on Saturday morning and is willing to take a ride all the way up to the upper west side, it os strongly motivated and attracted by a strong brand.
Alas! I stand in a line salivating at the fresh bagels looking lusciously at me, but when I asked a onion bagel with cheese and salmon the guy indicated a very sad plastic film pre-wrapped simple bagel and said: "with salmon, only that one". And while I was uttering a question he turned my back at me.
Good, dear Zabar's management, your premium price customer service suddenly became a over-priced self-service. Gone are the days when that bar of yours didn't exist... Luckily New York offers quite a lot of supermarkets and reasonable Indian delis which can make justice to the concept of express service at the right price.

1  Thank Giovanni L
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Near the northwest side of Central Park (~ 10 mins walk), we stopped by for a quick lunch. We got 2 sandwiches & matzo ball soups--all delicious. Afterwards went next door to browse & shop the store. Lots of great kitchenware & deli items. Bought some of their famous (in-house) coffee beans & souvenir mugs & shopping bags.

Reviewed September 9, 2017

Upper West Side market and deli chock full of upscale foods with Jewish and international emphasis. Just about any food you associate with New York City is available here. And more.