This is the smallest hotel I've stayed in all my 42 years. Small as in narrow, with petit furniture more suited to the borrowers than your averaged sized human. We had a double double room for our family of two adults and two children aged 8 and 14. A rollaway bed was definately not an option that could have been considered. I wasn't expecting a room of palatial sizing, after all this is New York and the rates at the HIE are very reasonable. But if you're going to book this place beware that the wardrobe is about 12 inches wide and deep and there are three small drawers. If you decide to unpack there is nowhere to put your suitcases/bags. Its the first time I've ever had to use the top of the wardrobe for storage space! The bathroom is tiny, standing in the middle of the room it was easily possible to touch each wall, and there wasn't enough space for toiletries. The hotel is around 22 stories high with 6 or so rooms to each floor so although a higher room means you don't experience street noise, you won't be far from the lift which ever floor or room you're in. Breakfast is complimentary - bacon, sausage patties, scrambled egg, omlettes, mini bagels and croissants, toast, pancakes, cereals, fruit, juice and coffee but as with everything here the breakfast area is small and cramped and doubes up as the hotel lobby.
Housekeeping start early as do the business guests, so expect noise including the slamming of doors and housekeeping from around 6:30.
What this place lacks in space it makes up for in location - its perfectly situated between 5th and 6th Avenue with Broadway and Times Square a very short walk away and the Rockerfeller Centre. Grand Central Station and Central Park within easy walking distance as are many subway stations. There are lots of places to eat and shop locally and after all, you don't come to New York to stay in your hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York Located in the heart of New York City, Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York is perfect for one who wants to experience the best of Manhattan and Times Square. You will be spoilt for choices by the wide range of activities surrounding the hotel, from musicals at the Theatre District to exhibitions at the Modern Museum of Art, shops at the Fashion District to strolls in Central Park or Bryant Park. If business is what brings you to the city, you will find major commercial buildings often just a short stroll away from the hotel. The Grand Central Station and subways are also easily accessible, seamlessly connecting you to the rest of the city. Stay productive in our 24-hour business center which offers wireless internet access and a range of business support services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Central Fifth Avenue New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan