I was looking for a cheap and decent one night stay in NYC on a Saturday night in January. I booked this and hoped for the best.
We checked in at 3p and immediately got to our room. The lobby has free coffee/tea/oatmeal 24/7. Our room and bathroom were SO CLEAN. The room itself even had room on each side of the king size bed unlike a lot of hotel rooms in NYC where it looks like the bed takes up all the space. We had a flat screen tv, a mini-coffee maker, a tall dresser to hang our clothes up in (on wooden hangers), and night stands with drawers on each side of the bed (with working lamps and a Bible!) The room also had a safe ($2 per day inevitable charge for it), an iron, and an ironing board. Our view was total-NY: skyscrapers.
The bathroom has shampoo, lotion, and 2 bars of soap; no conditioner. If you forget anything like a toothbrush or razor, just let the hotel staff know and they'll provide you with whatever you need. The bathroom was clean, tub and toilet were scrubbed to perfection.
The hotel boasts a complimentary continental breakfast that includes: 2 different flavored waffles, cereal, eggs, sausages, yogurts, an assortment of donuts/muffins, and juices. There is also FREE WIFI so bring your laptop if necessary.
If you're staying Saturday into Sunday, there is free on the street parking, ONLY ON THE COMFORT INN SIDE AFTER 10PM starting Saturday. READ THE SIGN CAREFULLY. There are other streets to park on nearby, just read the signs.
Check out time is noon; most hotels I know want you out by 11 latest. I would stay here again and again, but only at the $89 rate (thanks quikbook.com!) Jan-Feb the rates are $89, go up to $189 in March, and by June it's $289.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free WiFi and hot breakfast. Located just two blocks from the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, the Quality Inn Midtown West | Convention Center is an ideal place for both business and leisure travelers. .Additional nearby points of interest include: Grand Central Terminal, also known as Grand Central Station Rockefeller Center Radio City Music Hall entertainment venue Central Park Yankee Stadium, home of the New York Yankees baseball team Visitors will enjoy world-class shopping on New York's famous Fifth Avenue. The John F. Kennedy International Airport and the La Guardia Airport are 15 miles from the hotel. A variety of restaurants, entertainment options and cocktail lounges are located in the surrounding area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Quality Inn Midtown West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Midtown West Hotel New York City
- Comfort Inn New York City
- New York City Comfort Inn