We realize that getting a hotel for $100/night in Manhattan is phenomenal, but sometimes you get what you pay for. We both grew up in NY & we've read the glowing reviews of Seafarer's here on Trip Advisor, so we booked one week here. Granted, we perhaps waited too long to make the reservation because we were told we got the last available room, even though we book nearly a year in advance.
The location can't be beat, but I wish we could say the same about the hotel.
The room is clean, but barely big enought o turn around. There is one very small single bed & a fold-up cot that had to be the least comfortable bed on the planet. When the cot was open, it was an exercisein agility to move around the room. To make matters worse, we were on a n extend trip & were getting ready to move to France, so we had a fair amount of luggage with us which took up all the available space. Granted, we were actually given a single room, not a double, so the size would probably been OK for one person.
We had a room with shared bath, which didn't turn out to be so bad as we rarely had to wait for either the toilet or shower. Everything was clean, even though maid service was not every day.
It was handy to have a washer/dryer in the basement so we could have clean clothes for our arrival in France.
I don't think I would stay here again in the future. Maybe if I had a larger room with private bath I would consider it, but by the end of the week we were glad to leave the hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Seafarers & International House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seafarers & International House Hotel New York City
- Seafarers And International House
- Seafarers International Hotel
- Hotel Seafarers International