“Amazing room and view”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #183 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Although I had the higher room, my room didn't have the view, but my co-worker did. His room looked straight in the center of Central Park! The staff was friendly. A really happening and posh kind of hotel. Saw several celebrities!
I did notice a few stains on the couch of my room and the room upon entering the first time was quite warm.
Other than that, a beautiful hotel. Even the bar staff was great!
Thank you!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing north (Central Park).
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Leila A
There are newer reviews for The London NYC

Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel is on 54th Street between 6th & 7th, a great midtown location between the park and the theater district. Subway stops are also nearby. The room was large (as promised) and we enjoyed having a living room as well as a bedroom. (Our last NYC hotel room was like a shoebox.) The bathroom soaps, shampoo & conditioner are especially nice and were replenished daily whether we used them or not (more to take home). The buffet breakfasts/afternoon tea are good with lots of choices. But if you have drinks or order something on your own, be prepared to pay a steep price, even for New York. We would definitely come here again.

Room Tip: American Express had a '4 nights for the price of 3' offer.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsea42
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Rooms in NY can be tiny - like cruise ship rooms. Not here. The rooms are spacious. Our room opened to a short entry with hospitality area (tabletop and minibar) which leads immediately to a very nice living room area (big I-Dream-of-Genie couch) with desk and reclining chair and big window, and then mirrored french doors to the bedroom and bathroom. Big closet area.

Right now this place looks great - I love the decor, but in a couple of years might look a bit dated.

The bed was super comfortable. A small (too small) TV in living room and bedroom area. Bathroom is well done (modern) and well appointed with robes and slippers. Everything very clean.

Booked the London through American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts and had breakfast and afternoon tea included. Breakfast was complimentary breakfast buffet, which was like a European breakfast with lots of breads, sliced meats, and yogurt. Restaurant is very nice looking and bustling.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KatsLife
Reviewed 22 April 2012

I have stayed at London's in LA and New York 15-20 times in the last year, tonight is my last stay ever. I asked for a specific room with awesome views of the city and I booked it. At check in they gave me a room with half the view at the same price. I have been told the manager Sofia Candaele will call me shortly for the last 2 hours. I know of no business that can get away with selling you half the product at the full product price. Do not book a vista room at the London. They will screw you. Stay at the Pallace if you want great service and great rooms. This is New York and you get what you pay for, unless you stay at the London here you get half of what you pay for.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank Sean G
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I stayed at The London for the Easter weekend. The reception staff were welcoming and efficient, the room was large, clean and well furnished. Housekeeping were just fantastic.

I would definitely recommend The London for overall service, location and facilities provided you don't order food at the hotel (except in the Gordon Ramsey restaurant).

I ordered a coffee on room service which arrived weak lke warm at best.

The waiting staff at breakfast were dismissive, didn't make eye contact or offer a table until I flagged one down, the breakfast was unappetising and service was awful.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2012

This hotel was a great experience in NYC. lovely and efficient staff. The restaurant, by Gordon Ramsay, must be more carefully with the breakfast.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Shaku S
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I was very excited to stay at The London hotel as the pictures on the website looked amazing. I paid $700 for a room and I have to say it was a lovely room (at first site) and also amazingly large by New York standards as there was a separate bedroom, separate dressing area where I could put my clothes and suitcases away, a rather large bathroom with separate bath tub and shower and also a very big sitting area. I found though that whilst the room looked incredibly chi chi and elegant, it was not very practical. I have rated the room very good for its size. The chaise lounge looked nice but was not great to recline on. What really let this hotel down though was the lack of service. Room service took ages to materialise and housekeeping was really not up to scratch for the money that I paid. For example, I had a glass of red wine on my first night and 4 days later the dirty red wine glass was still on the bar and hadn't been taken away by housekeeping. I had rubbish which wasn't taken away by housekeeping when they cleaned the room. I found front desk to be amazingly unhelpful and the concierge to be uninterested. I called management to try to have these problems rectified but they were not very responsive. The doorman never offered to help with suitcases or with my bags and there was no friendly greeting that you would get from say, the Shangri-la in Singapore when you walked into the hotel even after a few days staying there. I was very disappointed with my stay at The London and would recommend it as a poor choice for a stay in New York due to the lack of service and attention to detail all round.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business