4,036 results
All reviews double shower vista suite gordon ramsay central park french doors london bar new york dressing area room service living room times square rooms are huge sitting area carnegie hall concierge service fifth avenue luxury hotel
Reviewed September 3, 2009

The suite they gave us at the London was beautiful, spacious and the service was outstanding.
We dined at Gordon Ramsey's restaurant and the food and service was excellent we will
make it a point to stay at the London Hotel on our next visit to NYC

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2009

This hotel is really very suited for Business travellers. My brother in law travels to NYC alot and has started staying here. I was planning a trip to NYC wiyth my mother who has never been so decided to splash out a little. The feedback on the hotel was very good so after much deliberation i booked a room (suite).

the plus points :
GREAT location - located on 54th street - ideally located for all the best attractions
GREAT Breakfast - a very nice selection that should cater for most tastes. breakfast service is also very good and it takes place in the MAZE (a gordon ramsay restaurant)
GREAT ROOMS. they are very clean, spacious for new york. I needed a room with two beds and i got this . Rooms are very well equiped both for comfort and technically for the business traveller. the bathrooms are huge also - although we did not need it - it had a combined his and her shower. lots of storage in the room.
GREAT Concierge staff. JARED and Ritchie who assisted me a great deal are brilliant. They all are very helpful. only i had more dealings with Jared and Ritchie. The guys are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. If you wanna get into a club or restaurant that is hard to get into - then these guys can work wonders. - the real deal on Conceirge !
the BAR is a very nice to chill and have a drink. it certainly gets a certain standard of clientele.
The GYM is excellent. its got the latest TECHNO GYM equipment. very spacious and very well equipped

negative points
1. no BBC world service on TV
2. my check in was not great so i told the front office manager who assured me that he was going to have words. dont be served by Anna. Other wise they are very good and very helpful.
3. the breakfast bill arrived too early on into my breakfast. other than that - the whole breakfast package was very good.

other points :

the hotel offers a complimentary car to take you 20 blocks . north or south of the hotel. that means up to 74th street and down as far as 34th street. I never got told this during the checkin process and the door men were telling me different stories regarding how far the car (which is used on a 1st come 1st served basis) could be taken, so after getting annoyed i told them to i wanted to go and they took me. did not like that . but iuf you stay here its worth noting....after all it all part of the package. Look out for the car with a number plate called GOLD 5 - this is the hotel comp car...

Would i go back ? - only on Business. Its not suited to a family. if you need two beds in a room, this is a great hotel. the rooms as i mentioned are a great size having stayed in a few very nice hotels (*e.g. ROYALTON rooms are very small in comparison)

it not suited to families in my opinion. the Hilton i think would be a better choice for the area. Because of the service i received i have given it 3 stars - otherwise it would have been 5.

the important thing is that my mother enjoyed her stay and trip.
best of luck !

Reviewed August 25, 2009

We just returned from a lovely stay in a Vista suite at the London. Upon entering our suite on the 38th floor, I saw 2 dozen roses. My husband had contacted the concierge to arrange for their delivery and was quite pleased with the quality and price. Both the living room and bedroom had views of Central Park. The room was scrupulously clean and was kept so throughout our stay. We loved the clean, modern, yet warm, decor. We had a memorable dinner at maze by Gordon Ramsay, as well as a delightful afternoon tea. The London Bar is a quiet refuge for an afternoon drink (delicious mojitos!) Food is expensive but of very high quality. For the rate we paid (from $339-389 per night) we feel that we received an excellent value.

Reviewed August 23, 2009

We spent a weekend in New York with friends from Wisconsin. We picked the London because of a recommendation from friends and special summer rates. We were not disappointed. The staff was attentive and friendly - starting with the greeting from the doorman. The room was quite large by New York standards - we enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning to the London.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2009

We were in New York for a wedding and some shopping. This hotel was ideally located, walking distance to most of the things that we wanted to do.
At check-in we were given lots of choices and options for our room, and they accommodated our early check-in happily. Our room was spotless, large, and very comfortable.
Throughout our stay we found the staff to be very helpful and pleasant. We will definitely stay here the next time we are in NYC.

1  Thank BdaDining