“Impress Friends”
Review of Tao Downtown

Tao Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Tao Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #660 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Tasty sections of the Salmon tartare, pan fried chicken dumpling, crispy rice tuna, Crispy chicken, lamb & Hong Kong fried noodles. Buddha in the open huge space with a bar section with low comfy chairs. Down a flight of stairs where the restaurant are situated. Place were full of energy, a bit loud to make conversation but it's NYC.
Best to make rsvp.

Reviewed 14 April 2016

Great service, great drinks, great food. The fried rice is amazing! I strongly suggest to make a reservation since it can get pretty busy.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

My sister, cousin & I came here over the weekend & it was delicious!!! Dumplings were outstanding; Tuna Tartare was amazing & the Barbecue Ribs were fall-off-the-bone Fantastic!! As a non New Yorker the $100 per person that I spent was a bit much... but we each had an appetizer, 2 drinks, the meal & a shared dessert, so I'm sure we could have done a lot more damage elsewhere!! Very cool restaurant though with a huge amount of seating - fun place to come with a group as they have plenty of seating for big parties.

Reviewed 8 April 2016 via mobile

I visited the bar before and wanted my family to see the place.
The place was packed (as it was the last time) to that extent that you can hardly move in between tables downstairs.
We ordered the rib-eye for three which was excellent but not enough for 3. We ordered dessert and luckily only got 2 instead of the 3 we thought we ordered. It was heaven (fortune cookie and chocolate cake).
The music was a bit loud for our age but we enjoyed the beautiful young people around us.
Nice!

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Was very excited to dine here! Had reservations, and arrived 45 mins early. We were seated right away, so we were happy about that ! Our server was very accomodating and welcoming. Had a couple appetizers that were good ( duck egg rolls and tempura avacado) 2 of us ordered sushi and 1 ordered kung pao chicken. All was very good -- although honestly no better than my local sushi places- ( have to put that out there....) . The restautant itself is beautiful- a giant budda is the center piece, and if course a great photo opp. The restrooms were in the dungeon, but were clean and nice. Akthough I don't think we will ever go back ($$$$) We are glad we went.