Broadway Hotel and Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Marrakech Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Broadway Tower(New York City)
View Hotel
Royal Park Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Hotel Newton(New York City)
  • Free Internet
Morningside Inn(New York City)
  • Free Internet
The Grant Hotel(New York City)
View Hotel
Astor on the Park(New York City)
View Hotel
Belnord Hotel(New York City)
1,227 results
All reviewssubway stationcentral parknew yorkupper west sidelounge areacleaned every daybagelstwo double bedstimes squarefew blockslocation is greatvisit nycsinkbroadwaymanhattanensuitecomputers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We booked this hotel on the 2nd Oct 2011 for a stay on the 10th Dec 2011 for 4 nights. We arrived at the hotel in the evening after a long day of travelling, only to be told that they were fully booked for the first night. They offered for us stay the first night at one of their sister hotels then come back to the hotel for the following 3 nights. I told them we were not prepared to spend the little time that we had in NYC, moving from one hotel to another. They eventually found a room at their sister hotel for the whole stay. Cannot run a knees up in a brewery springs to mind!

Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank maddy_j_11
Broadwaymgt, Manager at Broadway Hotel and Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Hello, we apologize that during your first night there was an overbooking. Overbooking is an occurrence that doesn't happen often but in the unfortunate case that it does, we try our best to provide our guests with a fitting relocation.

We understand that after a long travel, hearing of an overbooking is news that no one would like to hear. We hope that you at least enjoyed your stay at The Marrakech and enjoyed the city during your stay.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I stayed in a hostel room shared with another person. I just needed a room to sleep in as I was going to be out the whole day. The bedroom was pretty clean. The bathroom was very clean and maintained clean. So that is great. The staff were friendly and nice and quite helpful. I am very glad that they took note of my request. I booked a mixed dorm hostel room but I requested for a female roommate and they placed me with one. :) It is just too bad the internet was only in the common room and the internet was very slow. But overall it was a great value for a clean place.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank beruangteddy
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed in the hostel portion of this place in a two bed per room reservation. The room was dark and somewhat cold with a sink and a locker. There are bathrooms down the hall which for me were always clean and open 95% of the time.

The staff were all very nice, friendly and helpful. I was cold and kept asking for more blankets, and they gladly gave me as many as I needed. They were not able to control the heat though, so even though the room was chilly, they could not improve it. We had a snowstorm one day, and even then the heaters did not kick into a higher heat, but at least we had power. I heard all of the East coast lost power and thousands were without ANY heat, so I was grateful to have any heat and my six blankets. :-) I also like to be very warm when I sleep, so that's just me.

The kitchen area has a microwave and sink, but no pots, pans, utensils, cups, etc. It's better for making simple things or heating up leftovers. There is a "bar" which serves breakfast and snacks throughout the day which I found helpful.

The elevator is small and slow, so after you take the trip with your luggage, unless you are way high up or have an injury, it's probably better to take the stairs.

The lounge area downstairs is cozy and great. Lots of seating, it's decorated and designed nicely, there are books for trade or borrowing, internet, three plasma TVs which play news in the morning and movies at night.

Overall I was content with the hostel. I paid more than I thought it should be, but hostels and hotels were very pricey this fall (2011), so compared to the other prices, it was decent. I would like to see better lighting in the room, and in the halls, but in general it was safe, clean and fine. It's close to the train and many delicious, affordable restaurants and stores.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Nutmeg_Cinnamon
Reviewed 5 November 2011

The staff is not so friendly and all rooms have shared bathrooms. Around two for floors.
The rooms have free lockers inside.

Room Tip: Try get a room far from the street. It might be a good idea if want a good night of sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank repinel
Broadwaymgt, Manager at Broadway Hotel and Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2011

Hello, we are sorry to hear that your experience at The Broadway was not the greatest. Hopefully, you might consider staying with us again. If you'd like, you do have the option of booking a room with a private bathroom. We've recently opened newly renovated private rooms that are affordable and can be worked into a travelers budget.

Best of luck with all of your travels!

Reviewed 1 November 2011

Just right for our needs. We only wanted a good nights sleep and a clean place to get ready each morning. The location was perfect for getting to the subway blocks away. We felt safe and the neighborhood was friendly and relaxed. The staff of young people were very warm and polite. We enjoyed interacting with the young travelers from Europe. I definitely recommend staying as long as its understood this is a practical hotel for a low cost. Its not extravagant but that is what the city is for. :)

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank gypsieblood

Thanks so much for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at The Broadway. It's our goal to have all of our guests feel at home where you can meet, mingle, and have a shared experience with other travelers.

Hopefully, we'll see you again!