“Creative and very tasty contemporary Chinese”
Review of Red Farm

Red Farm
Ranked #234 of 14,744 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed October 11, 2017

This is my third time at Red Farm and I just keep getting reminded of what a treat this restaurant is. The chef is very creative and right on target with the creations. We Went with another couple and all ordered one of the wonderful drinks to begin. They have very good non-alcoholic drinks and I had the Thai Basil Lemonade which was quite refreshing.
We had an order of the chicken lollipops with shrimp, cellophane noodles and cilantro (there were 4 so we each had one); an order of the crispy duck and crab dumplings (4 of them); pork and crab soup dumplings (4); and 2 entrees -- the crispy duck salad and the diced lamb with Chinese broccoli and pickled shallots. It was plenty of food for the four of us for lunch. Every dish was delectable and distinct. Service was terrific as usual. Food presentation is exceptional and every dish is picture worthy. I can't say enough good things about Red Farm. We have always gone at lunch time and have never had to wait, but I hear the waits can be long (they don't take reservations) at dinner. We like lunch because it isn't too crowded or noisy and we can hear each other.

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

The hotel ordered for me at the red farm as a friend told me it was good.
The dumplings were excellent I have to agree.
I had a type of ramen with steamed wonton type ravioli.
Unfortunately by the time it got here , noodles got sticky.

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

After a long day visiting the Guggenheim Museum and the Metropolitan Art Museum, it was time to have dinner. We chose this Asian Infusion restaurant.
We had beef & shrimp and three crispy vegetables dumplings. My dear cousin order a clean Martini. A very unusual flavor. I enjoyed a Bombay Gin & Tonic. We had shrimp with rice and a great smoked Crispy chicken dish with garlic. There were delicious snow peas too. The place was totally full and it's not a place for an intimate dinner. Lots of happy people enjoying the food. Excellent service.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Totally distinctive, healthy, creative, amazing recipes, combinations, and presentations. Cool, informal atmosphere with awesome service. Tons of pride in what they're doing.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Pros
Really wonderful innovative and classic Chinese food, great drinks, well priced (not inexpensive) but well worth the wait and the higher prices. Great location on the upper west side, nice service

Cons No reservations, very popular - therefore often a long wait to be seated, noise level can be high

My whole family young and old really love this place