See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 19, 2009

The worst accommodations I have ever seen. The bedrooms were closets without windows. Incredibly hot and noisy. I slept on a towel rather than in the bed. Bathrooms were in very poor shape. Common area was not even close to as pictured! Little furniture and lots of dirty dishes. This was just BAD BAD BAD!! Never again. I am still shuddering when I think about it. DIRTY! Run down! Poorly appointed! Nothing good to say. Police station across the street was a noise factory. I just cannot believe how bad it all was.

• Stayed: January 2009
12  Thank BostonNoThanks
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Please note that I have not stayed here yet. My experience is based on the pre stay experience I had with this company. My stay was supposed to be Oct 5-11 2008 I booked this Loft because 1st- was in Soho, 2nd the pictures looked good, 3rd the price was good, 4- I was contacted immediately. I never should have done it. They require you prepay on a credit card and sign a "lease." I should have known better by the tone of the emails. Unprofessional, Lacking in tact or intelligently written. The terms of the contract are short. Basically (but vaguely) It says cancelation policy is within outside of 6 weeks prior to the stay a refund of 75% will be given back if re-rented. I didn't think we'd cancel. Well, after reading all of the horrible reviews on Trip Advisor and other sites - I canceled. I immediately emailed the 2 people I dealt with told them about the reviews. One review stated that they actually book private partys in the "commom" space and they can go all night. The guests aren't allowed to be in that space during the party. As well it said, the party guests use the same bathrooms as the overnight guests. Plus, the rooms do not lock. One reviewer even said the day he arrived his bed had been used and sheets were not changed. Gross! This was not the mature, private, clean and comfortable arrangement I wanted. In my cancelation letter I mentioned and asked if there would be parties booked. I recieved confirmation that there could be a party booked. I was contacted not by the original people who took care of me( we'll call them kevin/sales and James/rental agreeme\nt)But by the Director of the Loft. After some correspondence, the Director, we'll call him Leroy, stated that he might have a private apt. I was very much interested in it and wanted details. It would be easier to just change locations instead of cancel. He didn/t get back to me. I had to be the one to initiate all communication each and ever time. Plus it took 3 or 4 emails to get him to answer. He finally, after a week said he found a place. I wanted details. After 3 days, still no details. He kept sending one sentence emails like "don't worry" etc etc. After 4 emails and 3 days of asking, I finally emailed and stated that I wanted the address and details of the place by end of day. He emailed back and said" don't worrry, call me at lunchtime tomorrow" I did what he said - he answered the phone and put me off.. again. He said he was busy and to call him around closing time. I agreed. However after all of the correspondence, unprofessional behavior, abrupt and strange emails, I decided to cancel. His response?: "No problem" I had since sent 2 emails asking the status of my refund. No reply. I have a feeling even if they did re-rent my space - I may not see my money. Very very shady. by the way, this location was found through VacationRentals.com which in itself does not have a good reputation according to reviews. Do yourself a favor, stay at a well known reputable hotel. It's worth it. As of now, I have booked a hotel for the week and will have to shell out another 2000K. The Soho Loft cost 299 per night plus tax.. ugh.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
17  Thank Princessdog9
Reviewed July 26, 2008

Beware. The property manager (who lives with you in the space) will change any agreement at anytime. We were promised breakfast every morning which she decided not to do. We were promised that we could leave our bags in the space after check out time because most of our group was leaving in the evening. She decided that would not work for her. We were promised housekeeping, which NEVER occured. She disabled out internet half way throught the stay...Unfortunately, we paid in full, in advance. And she could change the key lock at anytime and lock us out of our space.
Though the space wasn't exactly what was portrayed in the images posted, the space worked just fine for us. It was the horrible woman that runs the loft made us unhappy with the experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank meisaak
Reviewed May 29, 2008

Small, dark, poorly ventilated rooms; horribly mean and angry loft manager (who lives on premises).

OK, first the (only) good point: the common area is very large spacious, and sort of looks like the pictures on the website. That's where the good stops.

Aside from this common space, the rest of the loft is parceled up into tiny rooms with paper-thin walls; only one of these rooms has windows, and the room with windows has one of them boarded up! The rooms are stuffy, poorly ventilated, and the lack of sufficient light fixtures makes them very dark. The thin walls and non-functional air vents ensure that you can hear everything that anybody else does.

The place itself is poorly kept - each room has a refrigerator, but you have to clear your fridge out of putrifying food before putting your stuff in. The floor is never mopped - walking barefoot on the hardwood floors for more than 10 minutes leaves your feet black.

And, to top it off, as other reviewers have mentioned, the loft manager is a nightmare. Seething anger is the only way to describe her.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
8  Thank vngarla
Reviewed December 27, 2007

The Soho Loft is a “B&B” by only the most limited definition and only if you plan on being there between 1 am and 3 pm. My husband’s first reaction was that the loft had been a former massage parlor. I have no idea where the people giving positive reviews of this place stayed. Our bedroom was a shabby, stuffy, 6X10 windowless room that barely fit the bed and a bowed dresser. The fan in the room made so much noise that we couldn’t sleep. The walls are paper thin. Both nights we stayed, the loft also hosted parties of 30 - 100+ people starting at 5:30. We found out about the parties AFTER we arrived, and that the common room, (the pictures of it on the website was the reason that we booked the place), would be off limits to us until at least midnight. We were also warned to keep our room doors locked in case any of the party guests tried to get in. We also shared our bathroom with all the party guests. Good luck with finding toilet paper. Breakfast was Costco muffins, and dry cereal. The other guests arriving during our stay were as surprised and none stayed a second night.
Management was unresponsive and rude. On requesting a partial refund, we were informed they had no refund policy and that their information to us had “clearly” indicated the loft was a ‘multi-purpose facility’. However, the website didn’t indicate parties occurred during guest stays, no mention of them had been made at the time we booked our reservations (or we wouldn’t have booked), and the “welcome letter” (received after we left for NYC) mentioned that on occasion the common areas would be off limits due to other events; inferring rare and not five nights in a row. Management responded, “It’s the holiday season, what else did you expect?” Ken, the sales rep, also stated a refund was unreasonable because we had actually stayed there, offering no good reply when I asked what our alternative was when arriving for the weekend before Christmas. The best they could offer was a free night on our next visit in the loft where we had spent a miserable time. NO THANKS!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family