“Laughably Bad. Fraud is really the word.”
Review of The Soho Loft

The Soho Loft
We can't find prices for this hotel
The Soho Loft
Ranked #427 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 January 2011

My sister and her husband rented it for his 60th birthday and wanted to put up friends and family. In fairness, the location is awesome. No doubt about that. That's the only nice thing I can say.

Some of the problems- The bathrooms were not all functioning. There was no table, the main bedroom bed was broken. the majority of the rooms are tiny cubicles off a main hall with sliding glass doors. The effect is very "prison". The "caretaker" lives in a room that is really PART OF THE APARTMENT. She was perfectly nice, but we were sharing the bathroom with her. The apartment is not as large as advertised. Directly downstairs is a dance studio, and on the weekend they had a salsa dance party that was pretty cute, but kept us up until 4am. we made the best of it, and there were awesome things about the neighborhood, but the place is a scam.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank mayorq

Reviewed 15 June 2009

I stayed at the Soho Loft with 8 of my friends for an engagement party. My stay here was absolutely amazing. Each of my friends and I slept comfortably at night and were able to Party at night! Everything was clean and renovated and I felt right at home. I would highly recommend this space for any type of event!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank thebestguest
Reviewed 24 March 2009

We stayed at The Soho Loft about a month ago and had a wonderful time! I was traveling with 10 friends and it was between this or a 3 star hotel we found in midtown so we decided to change it up a bit. The loft is in the most amazing part of Manhattan! If you are not familiar with Soho it is the prime location, great food, fashion, nightlife and easy to get everywhere. I would def suggest staying here if you are coming to Manhattan with a group of friends!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank AussieAl21
Reviewed 16 March 2009

For those of us who know New York City it is quite hard to find a quality place to stay that is in a great location, without spending a fortune! I came across The Soho Loft and booked it for a few of my friends who were coming in from out of town. The loft was extremely affordable, in the best part of the city and really a true New York Experience!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2009

The worst accommodations I have ever seen. The bedrooms were closets without windows. Incredibly hot and noisy. I slept on a towel rather than in the bed. Bathrooms were in very poor shape. Common area was not even close to as pictured! Little furniture and lots of dirty dishes. This was just BAD BAD BAD!! Never again. I am still shuddering when I think about it. DIRTY! Run down! Poorly appointed! Nothing good to say. Police station across the street was a noise factory. I just cannot believe how bad it all was.

• Stayed: January 2009
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank BostonNoThanks
Reviewed 29 August 2008

Please note that I have not stayed here yet. My experience is based on the pre stay experience I had with this company. My stay was supposed to be Oct 5-11 2008 I booked this Loft because 1st- was in Soho, 2nd the pictures looked good, 3rd the price was good, 4- I was contacted immediately. I never should have done it. They require you prepay on a credit card and sign a "lease." I should have known better by the tone of the emails. Unprofessional, Lacking in tact or intelligently written. The terms of the contract are short. Basically (but vaguely) It says cancelation policy is within outside of 6 weeks prior to the stay a refund of 75% will be given back if re-rented. I didn't think we'd cancel. Well, after reading all of the horrible reviews on Trip Advisor and other sites - I canceled. I immediately emailed the 2 people I dealt with told them about the reviews. One review stated that they actually book private partys in the "commom" space and they can go all night. The guests aren't allowed to be in that space during the party. As well it said, the party guests use the same bathrooms as the overnight guests. Plus, the rooms do not lock. One reviewer even said the day he arrived his bed had been used and sheets were not changed. Gross! This was not the mature, private, clean and comfortable arrangement I wanted. In my cancelation letter I mentioned and asked if there would be parties booked. I recieved confirmation that there could be a party booked. I was contacted not by the original people who took care of me( we'll call them kevin/sales and James/rental agreeme\nt)But by the Director of the Loft. After some correspondence, the Director, we'll call him Leroy, stated that he might have a private apt. I was very much interested in it and wanted details. It would be easier to just change locations instead of cancel. He didn/t get back to me. I had to be the one to initiate all communication each and ever time. Plus it took 3 or 4 emails to get him to answer. He finally, after a week said he found a place. I wanted details. After 3 days, still no details. He kept sending one sentence emails like "don't worry" etc etc. After 4 emails and 3 days of asking, I finally emailed and stated that I wanted the address and details of the place by end of day. He emailed back and said" don't worrry, call me at lunchtime tomorrow" I did what he said - he answered the phone and put me off.. again. He said he was busy and to call him around closing time. I agreed. However after all of the correspondence, unprofessional behavior, abrupt and strange emails, I decided to cancel. His response?: "No problem" I had since sent 2 emails asking the status of my refund. No reply. I have a feeling even if they did re-rent my space - I may not see my money. Very very shady. by the way, this location was found through VacationRentals.com which in itself does not have a good reputation according to reviews. Do yourself a favor, stay at a well known reputable hotel. It's worth it. As of now, I have booked a hotel for the week and will have to shell out another 2000K. The Soho Loft cost 299 per night plus tax.. ugh.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
15  Thank Princessdog9
Reviewed 26 July 2008

Beware. The property manager (who lives with you in the space) will change any agreement at anytime. We were promised breakfast every morning which she decided not to do. We were promised that we could leave our bags in the space after check out time because most of our group was leaving in the evening. She decided that would not work for her. We were promised housekeeping, which NEVER occured. She disabled out internet half way throught the stay...Unfortunately, we paid in full, in advance. And she could change the key lock at anytime and lock us out of our space.
Though the space wasn't exactly what was portrayed in the images posted, the space worked just fine for us. It was the horrible woman that runs the loft made us unhappy with the experience.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank meisaak