6,979 results
All reviews lincoln center ed's chowder house gossip girl pool deck central park columbus circle great location rooftop bar new york upper west side junior suite rooms are small around the corner times square few blocks nyc starbucks
Reviewed March 19, 2016

Booked a last minute room for me and the girlfriend. Pleasantly surprised with a room upgrade when checking in. The front desk was extremely attentive and professional. Great hotel, will be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Atif Y, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2016

Dear William W,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback. I’m so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at The Empire Hotel. Our team here is passionate about creating positive experiences and I’m glad we were able to do so for you.
Looking forward to your next stay at the Empire.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

When you book a 'privileged fare' at $378 dollars for 1 night you expect to find a beautiful service, and an outstanding set of features in a hotel.
Well Roof Top was closed (both of them), Our room (I requested a double queen bed) was at the Pool level (which was the best one) and it was old, with wall paper ruined, the bathroom was not a bathroom but a cubicle; Then a bottle of water $8, and, this is totally unbelievable, the in-room coffee machine available was to be charged $3 for each coffee made (it was a very normal automatic little machine, like the ones you find in motels). And, i forgot, no internet in the room, of course. Sorry, I travel constantly... but this is really a robbery.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Mafyna

Dear Mafyna,

Thank you for your most recent stay with us and for taking the time to review the Empire. My sincere apologies for the encountered issues during your stay . We take all feedback very seriously and will review your comments with the team for future improvements. I hope you visit us once again so, we can turn this perception around. Please contact me directly and I will handle your reservation personally.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

Loved this hotel! I've stayed in many hotels in NYC for leisure and this was one of the best. Everyone was very friendly. Starbucks, Bank of America, and Duane Reade literally right next to hotel. Pool on the rooftop was preoccupied by one person who took over the entire thing but other than that, great stay.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Atif Y, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2016

Dear Kaneisha L,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback. I’m so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at The Empire Hotel. Please contact me directly for your next visit and I will handle your reservation personally.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

There are SO MANY hotels in NYC, and so many of them are crumbling dumps! This is NOT one of them! The decor is upscale, the service is impeccable, and the rooms, although typically NY small, are very comfy. The shower and the bathroom amenities are classy. And talk about location! Starbucks is around the corner - pick up a cup of coffee and sit on Columbus Circle and take it all in. What a great way to start the day. For the life of me I cannot understand why it is not rated in the top 50 or better. I am going to NY again this summer and The Empire wasn't available with 2 beds - so I am counting on the luck of the draw. I'm so disappointed! Head's up - the "pool" is more like a lap pool, not something your children can frolic in. The rooftop area is a lovely place to sit, and there is bar service at certain times. Oh, and watch for a deal to save some $$. Makes the trip even sweeter!

Room Tip: When you make your reservation, ask about one of their "larger' rooms, as the rooms are quite cozy.
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family

Dear oldtimer60,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for the feedback. I’m so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at The Empire Hotel. Our team here is passionate about creating positive experiences and I’m glad we were able to do so for you. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future. I hope you come and visit us once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2016 via mobile

After reading reviews decided to make our own minds up on this hotel,although I did have good information from Trailfinders who were very helpful and we were very glad to have chosen this hotel found the staff very helpful and friendly from the minute we got out of the taxi to checking in right threw to our nightly nightcap the atmosphere was great and staff very friendly and informative without being to obtrusive,as this was our first visit to New York was not disappointed we had been told in advance that rooms in NY were not known to be a generous size but ours was ok for the three nights the bedding and bed were fabulous and comfy the shower room very clean and good shower with plenty of hot water the decor and carpet in the room was up to date and also very clean as for the view we have stayed in 5 star hotels paid lots more money and had no view something that is not on my list of being important as we get out and about to see those and my partner was amazed because in the ten years we have been together it was the first time I have settled for the first room given to us!! I am already planning our return trip just haven't mentioned it to my partner yet? he has to recover from spending money so will be booking the empire once again and informing him nearer the time.(I would also like to add that this is only the second time I have been away abroad since having a breakdown and although I look smart and confident do get a panic on still when having to deal with people I don't know, my partner could do it but it doesn't help my recovery and this is where the concierge and reception staff were marvellous as they could see I was flushed and perspiring but were so patient and I thank you for that as it makes life easier for me,so look forward to next year well done Empire Hotel x

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ggorgeous

Dear Ggorgeous,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us and for the detailed feedback. I’m so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at The Empire Hotel. Our team here is passionate about creating positive experiences and I’m glad we were able to do so for you. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future. I hope you come and visit us once again.

Best regards,