“Ultimate Experience”

Chicago, Illinois
“Ultimate Experience”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I lve this hotel!

The location can't be beat. The exterior tells you before you enter that you will be pampered. The lobby is much smaller now with a restaurant filling most of the space. The front desk is now pushed off to the side with a front desk agent who's attitude was very cool. Management might want to check on this.

Once in my room I was totally impressed. My room was personalized with my name on the flat screen tv. Turn down service every night with slippers next to the bed, The room was huge with a small wet bar. The bathroom was equally large with fantastic amenities.

We had a courtyard view which gave us a very quiet room, Loved it!

I would suggest staying here if you are ever in the BIg Apple!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Tummykey

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto ontario
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Plaza for the first time in January and found it to be a great experience ! We loved the breakfasts which has a great buffet and delicious eggs benny - especially the mushroom one although all are great !
Our room was great and we found the service to be very attentive We had a stone massage in the spa which was most enjoyable and relaxing .
The champagne bar had nice entertainment and great drinks either before or after dinner . The location is very central with lots of great restaurants close by .i would recommend the Plaza highly

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Rene S
Shropshire
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Normally when in New York I stay at the Ritz Carlton. This time, mainly because of the outrageous rates, I decided to try the Plaza. From the moment I arrived until leaving I was treated like a superstar. My standard room was upgraded to a suite, the hotel manager sent a complementary gift of fruit with a wonderful selection for my enjoyment. The bed was large enough for 4 people to sleep comfortably and at least 12 people (If so desired) could have showered together. The suite was elegantly decorated with thoughtful lighting and sumptuous furnishings. I spent a couple of hours at the bar in the lobby trying many of the Champagnes on offer, I found all of the staff at the Plaza to be attentive and helpful, nothing was to much trouble.
Julie at the Concierge desk was outstanding, when she heard that I was heading for Bloomingdales she gave me a gift pack that contained vouchers and offers for the store. It was beautifully packaged in a leather business card holder that has come in very useful. I was disappointed that the Oak Room was closed but dined in the 1st floor bar/restaurant and was very happy with the choice of food and cocktails. All in all a great experience and frankly the Ritz Carlton is going to find it difficult to get me back.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank KMWShropshire
PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
How lovely to read your wonderful review! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share some great comments and feedback regarding the comfort of rooms and amenities (in particular our beds!), the lobby bar and the service provided, especially from our Concierge department. We have shared your comments with the team and hope to welcome you back to The Plaza on your next trip to New York City. Until next time!
Valparaiso
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Great location...not far from Central Park and all the great shopping. Tea room was very nice. Rooms were 1st class...marble, wonderful bedding and great views.

Room Tip: Choose high level room in order to have beautiful views. Ask to be placed away from elevators for th...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
PlazaHotelManagement, General Manager at The Plaza, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to learn that your stay was so enjoyable and we hope to welcome you back to The Plaza on your next visit to New York.
Penang Island, Malaysia
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The Plaza is a beautiful hotel. The rooms and atmosphere are lovely and the food was phenomenal (especially the parmesan chips & burger!) but the service was quite atrocious, you would think as so many famous people have stayed there it would be great. But the service was not consistent. One night at about 1am I had gotten in the shower and when I got out... there were no towels! So my mum called up house keeping to complain and ask them to bring towels..... oh my god they took an hour.... UNBELIEVABLE! so by that time we could have had a whole other meal!!!!

Anyway, one the of the concierges was amazing, he gave us map directions and got stuff sent to our room asap!
My family and I loved New York but my family and I would stay at a different hotel...
BUT WE'D DEFINITELY COME BACK FOR THE AMAZING FOOD!!!!!!

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Daisy g
Thank you for your review and sharing your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize for the shortfalls in service and are very concerned about your experience as it is in no way indicative of the level of care we expect our colleagues to deliver. Despite the lapse in service, we were thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the food and found our Concierge team helpful. We have shared your feedback with the respective departments and we hope you will reconsider and visit us again so that we can truly WOW you.
Orange County, CA
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We were able to spend a week at the Plaza in February and loved every minute. We traveled with my husband, 6yr old son and 5 month old baby. This hotel is so accommodating for family travel, the room was very large for NYC standards, which held our whole family. The location was perfect, across the street from FAO and next to Central Park. We were able to walk to most destinations with no prob;em. The only negative feedback I had was there was NO access for the stroller. Every time we left the hotel I would have to get an employee to help me carry the stroller up and and own the stairs to get to the lobby and through the heavy gold doors. If you were a disabled guest, this would not be the hotel to stay at as there are no ramps and many stairs. Besides that negative the hotel is fabulous.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank KariD
Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have worked in the hotel business since high school, and it has been a dream of mine to see this hotel. I was so impressed by it all. Amazing history. So glad I was able to see it. Its location, at Central Park, makes it so peaceful. The proximity to 5th Avenue makes you feel rich! I cannot afford to stay here, but if you can, you should definitely do it!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple