Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Courtenay Z
Melbourne, Australia

Worth a stay!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 30, 2023via mobile
Hotels in NYC are very expensive, this one is on the lower end price wise, and met all of our needs. It’s a little run down and some things don’t work well, but it was clean, mostly functional and had breakfast included to help break down the price! I would take this over a few hundred dollars more a night for sure!

Positives - I’m coeliac and need gluten free so I didn’t expect to be able to eat the breakfast, but the team were wonderful and had a few pre-packaged options out the back (bagels, muffins) that I could have along with naturally gluten free and safe options (packaged yoghurt, whole fruit, coffee and packaged spreads) (the muffin was amazing)! 24/7 reception to always have questions answered and make check-in/out easy. Breakfast times start at 6:30am on weekdays and 7am on weekends (helpful for those like us who want to be up and out exploring). Fridge in room (could keep drinks cold for the next day). Coffee in room (we didn’t use it but it’s there)! Iron and ironing board (needed to get rid of all the clothes crinkles from travelling)!

Opportunities - some of the electricity plugs in our room didn’t work (we could get by, but needs fixing), some mould/dirt on the ceiling, plumbing needs some work (bath fills up in the shower as drains very slowly)
Date of stay: August 2023
Room Tip: Ask for gluten free breakfast options if you’re coeliac!
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
  • Vio.com
    C$325
2.2 km from Fairfield Inn New York Manhattan/Financial District
Restaurant
Arlo SoHo Lobby and public space.
Hotels.com
    C$349
6.8 km from Fairfield Inn New York Manhattan/Financial District
Room service
View more hotels in New York City
All reviews south street seaport wall street rooms are small new york free breakfast yogurt the breakfast area world trade quiet street front desk staff sized room min walk mini fridge hotel room king bed enjoyed my stay memorial
Selected filters
Reviewed August 14, 2023 via mobile

The property’s location is good by the Seaport area close to where Fulton/Cortland street subway stations are so it’s easy to navigate nyc.
Elevators would sometimes take long time to arrive but whenever they worked they came pretty quickly.
Breakfast was good with both cold and hot fresh food everyday. There was a very nice African American woman who takes care of the guests.
Rooms May not be too big but they are functional enough.
Now regarding the FRONT DESK staff…. where should I start? Don’t expect them to greet you or even say hello when you come in.
Whenever requested for their complimentary water bottles they would never do it nicely. I even got the night front desk woman to tell me ‘LAST ONE!’ In a very rough/rude way whenever I asked for only one. I thought this his was pretty inconsiderate given there were 90 F outside in a hot and humid nyc summer.
Room service is upon request but every time I did it the response wasn’t nice as in the front desk employee didn’t even bother to say ‘hello’
As a guest I wasn’t happy about this. Why? Because at the end of the day I am client and I EXPECT minimum customer service and these front desk women clearly know NOTHING about it.
Had it not been for these rude front desk employees I would’ve probably considered staying on this property again but it’s not going to be the case…

Room tip: Don’t expect ANY customer service from the front desk employees
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank AndyEidels
Reviewed July 10, 2023 via mobile

So staff were helpful. Easy to get to from airport. AC worked in room. Room decently clean. Bed ok on comfort. Breakfast was ok (coffee and eggs decent). I appreciated the water dispenser and coffee out all day. There are restaurants around, but predominantly Chinese or Asian food. The gym is not a good thing--2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, one bike, free weights (tv monitors only working on 1 elliptical and 1 treadmill). No AC in weight room, so VERY hot workout. No disinfecting wipes in gym. No AC in entrance or eating area. The business next door smells of rotting fish. No stairway access to Lobby or 1st floor breakfast area. Couple of blocks to subway.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 60004Kathy
Reviewed July 9, 2023 via mobile

The hotel was a bit of a surprise. I think there were only 5-6 rooms per floor. The lobby was tiny. The prices were bigger!
Staff were pleasant. My room on 29th floor as I recall , facing a wall of another building. The rooms were very very small but functional. The bathroom was modern.
I had breakfast in the hotel. Adequate , nothing more.
If I was I the area I might stay one night again.

Room tip: Breakfast was just ok.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 29, 2023 via mobile

My adult son and I stayed 6 nights here at the Fairfield Inn Financial District. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast in the mornings were fine - usual fare - but it’s a hot breakfast not just continental. Our room was clean and although small met all our needs perfectly. We were only in the room to shower and sleep anyway.

The hotel is about an 6-10 minute walk to 3-4 subway stations, and even closer to the BY Ferry boat. It’s close to so many great historical attractions in the Fi-Di, as well as the Brooklyn Bridge, City Hall, Walk Street, Bowling Green, etc

I highly recommend this hotel if you’re coming to NYC!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2023

My friend and I stayed here for a week.
Upon check in the staff were friendly and attentive and whenever we returned they always greeted us. We were also able to store our luggage at reception on our last day.
At check in, we were told our room included a complimentary breakfast, we weren't aware of this. It was actually REALLY decent, saved us a fortune and just as nice as if not nicer than what you would get at starbucks and totally free.
There was a choice of 3 cereals, fruit juice from a machine, bread, bagels, muffins all of which you could toast and plenty of jams and spreads (peanut butter) to choose from. Tea and coffee. Hot food options, including an omelette, turkey sausage, bacon and a ham and cheese bagel. They were also able to provide brown paper bags if you wanted to take breakfast to go. One morning there were apples and another there were strawberries. They all had yoghurts in the fridge, all low fat and individual cartons of chocolate milk. We made use of the breakfast a few mornings just to save some money. We never struggled to get a seat but it does get busy so go as early as you can.
Our room was a twin and it was rather small but there was plenty of storage, unlike many other hotels in manhattan we have stayed at. There was a wardrobe with shelves and draws below. A full length mirror opposite the bathroom which had a decent sized shower and generally was spacious although could have done with a bit more storage. There was a coffee machine in the room and a fridge, the maids often left us complimentary bottles of water, the only thing the room was missing was a safe.
The wifi was decent enough.
The room was very warm. We were able to open the window ajar but obviously couldn't sleep with this open. The air conditioning was decent but where it was positioned it blew right down onto one of the beds so we couldn't have this on at night either.
The hotel was in a good location, opposite South Street Seaport on the Hudson and close to many subways, Fulton Street was probably our closest.
Second time we have stayed at a Fairfield Inn in the Financial District and this was MUCH better than the last one which was undertaking construction works whilst we were there.

Date of stay: May 2023