Algotels
travelup.com
Skyscanner.com
jck1990
The Netherlands

Great hotel and great location

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 31, 2023via mobile
I stayed at this hotel in January for 11 nights and it was a really lovely experience.

The hotel is located at the end of line 1 in the financial district. The Rector Street subway stop is literally a one minute walk from the entrance of the hotel and a lot of the other lines are not more than a 5 minute walk. There’s a 24h 7/11 around the corner for some drinks and snacks. All of the downtown sightseeing (Wall Street, battery park, one world trade) is within walking distance.

One thing I read a lot in the reviews was that the lifts/elevators took a long time to arrive, but I didn’t really have that issue. The longest I had to wait for an elevator was about 2 minutes. This happened two or three times. All the other times I got on an elevator within 10-15 seconds after pressing the button. Judging by the price I paid for the hotel, I did visit in a quieter season. So that might have something to do with it.

The hotel room itself was good. It was small, but not smaller than most nyc hotel rooms I’ve seen. The bed was comfortable, there was more than enough storage space for one person and the desk chair was really comfortable as well.

The only issue I have with the rooms is that the noise from the soda machine in the hallway. This was right next to my door and it spoke when someone was using it. I sleep with earplugs in myself so it didn’t bother me personally, but I can kinda see how some people might find it bothersome.

The bathroom was clean and the toiletries got replaced often when they were used up. Would’ve only liked a hand held shower head instead of a fixed one, but I know those aren’t very popular in the US so I just have to accept hotel rooms in the US not having them.
Date of stay: January 2023
C$220
  • Priceline
6.1 km from Holiday Inn Manhattan-Financial District, an IHG Hotel
Fitness centre
Arlo SoHo Lobby and public space.
    C$327
6.9 km from Holiday Inn Manhattan-Financial District, an IHG Hotel
Room service
View more hotels in New York City
2,181 results
All reviews wall street battery park rector street statue of liberty trinity church new york hudson river world trade memorial museum dunkin donuts walking distance subway station rooms are small ice machine around the corner high floor city view
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2023

Absolutely great hotel the best I've stayed in and I've been to Malta Rome Paris Ireland Scotland only complaint t is the beds are too high for me I have to climb Into it last time I had a shared door which being on My own was bit worrying but I kept it botled and my case behind it only problem was the noise from the people other side of it put it this way I'll be there again In 5 weeks time there is great restaurants near by stay away from cafe bravo very rude George's on the next corner is the best the subway is mintues away make sure you come out the right exit or you'll get lost and the battery is mintues away and the world trade centre is a short walk even with 2 suitcases

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed March 11, 2023

I booked two rooms with points, but the reservation was canceled without any notification. I just realized that a day before my trip and needed to book another hotel. I understand the customers with points may not be welcomed for high season.

Date of stay: March 2023
Reviewed March 7, 2023

Shame on you holiday inn, we turned up at 5pm only to be told the hotel was shut!! Was told it was closed for a programme,! They decided to let the hotel to migrants!!! And not tell any guests or the travel agents. Leaving me out of pocket having to find another hotel, after I’ve already paid for my hotel .not good when you’ve been up 24 hrs and travelling for the last 12 hours.

Room tip: Don’t stay here
Date of stay: March 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Manhattan-Financial District, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2023

Hi M1286JLalanc,

We appreciate you for choosing the Holiday Inn Manhattan-Financial District for your leisure stay.

Providing an excellent level of hospitality and cleanliness is our topmost priority. I would like to offer our sincere apology for the issues you encountered with your reservation. Your honest review is very important, and I will share this with our appropriate hotel team to take necessary action.

I have sent you a private message to discuss this further.

I hope we'll remain to be your dependable choice, as we promise to make your stay more memorable and exciting.

Yours in hospitality,

Melissa P
Case Manager
IHG Hotels & Resorts

Reviewed February 13, 2023

THIS HOTEL IS CLOSED SINCE FEB 6 2023. I had made a reservation for a weekend in March 2023 back in January (with an amazing rate for Canadian government employees), and I checked my reservation yesterday to modify it to remove one of two rooms to see that my reservation had been cancelled. I have never received any notification from the hotel for the cancellation, I only found out by going on the hotel website where there is an announcement saying that the hotel is closed and giving no other explanations. I tried calling IHG to see if they could get me another room at the same rate in another hotel in the city and they could only offer me rooms at 4x the price and I now have to find another hotel one month before my stay. Horrible customer service, who closes a whole hotel without notifying guests who made reservations and without helping them find another hotel room for their stay???

Date of stay: February 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Guest Service Manager, Owner at Holiday Inn Manhattan-Financial District, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2023

Dear beatricestarg,

Thank you for posting a review of your stay. We apologize for your inconvenience as our hotel will be closed to the public as of 2/6 until further notice, but we did inform all travel agents to notify guests' considering we do not have guests' direct contact information for us to do it ourselves. We understand your frustrations and wish you all the best for your future travels. Thank you.

Greg Riley
Area General Manager

Reviewed February 11, 2023

If I can write the most negative review of this place and save people the time and annoyance factor of what I have had to go through, it will be a good use of my anger. I am traveling to this hotel and booked it on 11/29/22 for a stay 3/30/23-4/01/23. I just checked the IHG app and saw the upcoming stay was not listed. Attempted to find the stay through the confirmation number that was sent in the email confirming the stay on 11/29/22 and with my last name. It was unable to be found. Spent 45 minutes on the phone with reservations who advised the hotel was going to be closed to the public from 2/06/23-04/01/24. My reservation was cancelled on 2/03/23 with no notification to me via email or a phone call. Had I not looked at the app today I would have flown to NYC expecting to stay in this hotel and been out of luck. I was able to find another hotel in the same area but it's the fact that I should not have had to deal with this a mere 7 weeks from my stay when I thought I had nailed this down MONTHS ago. BAD BUSINESS for sure and makes me hesitant to book with this company again. And I made sure to go through the actual website to reserve the stay which is supposed to help cut down on cancellations etc. NOT HAPPY.

Room tip: DO NOT BOOK NO MATTER WHAT. CANCELS RESERVATIONS AND DOES NOT NOTIFY GUESTS.
Date of stay: February 2023
2  Thank sarahB365TK
Guest Service Manager, Owner at Holiday Inn Manhattan-Financial District, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2023

Dear sarahB365TK,

Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to accommodate you and for the inconvenience this caused. We apologize that we could not inform you and understand the frustration you had. We are grateful for your patience and we wish you safe travels.

Greg Riley