“Delicious lobster! ”

Ranked #161 of 15,923 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$42
Cuisines: Seafood
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Description: The name says it all! Burger & Lobster serves just what its name states - various burger and lobster roll iterations, as well as whole lobsters, grilled or seated. Each comes as a meal with fries and salad. By presenting such a limited niche menu we have taken a craftsman approach to the mastery of the preparation of: burgers, made with three cuts of high quality Hereford beef that is ground daily exclusively for us by Pat LaFrieda and graced with intriguing combinations of toppings such as homemade pickles and pickled onions, foie gras, house made pulled pork and even lobster lobster rolls made with with fresh from the tank Nova Scotia lobster meat tossed with house made dressings and served in warm custom-baked buns; and whole lobsters which from the moment they are kept have been kept in conditions that mimic their natural ocean environment. Consequently are lobsters are always sweet and tender, having never suffered the stress that would make them tough.
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

The steamed lobster with garlic butter is absolutely delicious! The wine was also good and not that expensive. The service was good and we got our food and drinks fast. I highly recommend this restaurant and I will definitely return!

Date of visit: August 2018
Vince D, Director of Operations at Burger & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Thank you for coming to visit us. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your steamed lobster and wine. It's great to hear that you received the excellent service that we pride ourselves on. We appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

My husband loves picking restaurants when we travel and this was one of his lunch choices. We were quickly seated in this large restaurant that actually has a fresh seafood tank right at the entrance.
We decided to take the two course prix-fixe option ($26 at lunch). My husband chose the gazpacho while I went with the calamari served with three different sauces. This was not frozen calamari, it was cooked fresh with a light batter. I could not finish my appetizer knowing the main course was still to come.
Our mains were also impressive. We chose to stick with the specialties: Burger and Lobster roll. Now while I’m told the burger was delicious, I can confirm that the lobster roll was perfect. Fresh lobster in a delicious fresh bun with mayo...they could do no wrong. Both mains were served with fries and salad. Come with an appetite, but do visit, you’ll be happy you did.

Date of visit: August 2018
Vince D, Director of Operations at Burger & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2018

Thank you very much for choosing to dine with us, Lucie. We are so glad that you enjoyed the calamari and your husband enjoyed the gazpacho. It's great to hear that you loved the lobster roll as well. We appreciate you taking the time to review us and we hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

It’s a chain restaurant and if you want good quality burger or lobster for your lunch - this place is perfect!

1  Thank Yuliy_Apr
Vince D, Director of Operations at Burger & Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you for coming. We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed August 16, 2018 via mobile

I had been obsessing over finding the perfect burger in NYC. The original place I wanted to try was far away and the traffic was crazy bad so our concierge recommended this place. It was perfect. I had the original burger and my husband had the mushroom one. Both were delicious and cooked perfectly. They came with fries and a small salad. We were both very full! We did not have the lobster but it looked yummy as well. Service was great. We will be back!

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for coming to visit. We are so glad that you enjoyed your original burger and your husband enjoyed his mushroom burger. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

My team came here to try the Restaurant Week menu.

There is a 2 course option:
1st course, ordered the oysters and calamari. Osyters were very good, but the calamari tasted really weird.
2nd course, ordered the burger, Japanese roll and Lobster roll. Lobster roll was by far the best! Wayyyyyy better than Luke's lobster down the block.

Definitely come here for the Lobster roll and oysters.

As for service, our serve wasn't anything special. He took our order then came back and asked my coworker do you know why your food hasn't arrived. We looked at each other in odd. Then he brought us our drinks and we didn't see him again until I waved him down for our check.

However the Manager stopped by our table to say hi a few times and helped clean up tables. It's always nice to see the mangers get down and dirty with the staff, shows they care.

Rating:
Food 4.0
Service 3.0
Atmosphere 3.5

Date of visit: August 2018

Thank you for coming to visit us. We are so glad that you enjoyed the specials during Restaurant Week. We have actually decided to extend those specials as a permanent Prix Fixe lunch menu. We are thrilled that you loved the lobster roll. We’re sorry about the service you received. Those are not the high expectations we have for our servers. We appreciate your feedback and your comments have been relayed to the Director of Operations. We hope to see you again soon.