Lowest prices for your stay
Aloft.com
C$286
Fully refundable before Fri, Jun 7
Ddan7777
Raleigh, North Carolina

huh, this place is nothing like what Aloft branding advertises

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Dec 3, 2022
I am an Ambassador-level member of Marriott and I have been to NYC dozens of times. I had heard over the last several months that there were lots of issues in midtown Manhattan, so, to be safe, I thought I'd try staying in the financial district, near Wall Street. Having stayed at so many Marriott-brand hotels, I figured I would give the Aloft brand a try for my weekend stay: "We offer stylish, boutique hotels that break the traditional hotel mold for a truly unforgettable stay.” It was a bit of a disappointment. The hotel lacks many of the basic amenities that most of the other Marriott brands offer (complimentary breakfast, small refrigerator in room, ice machines in hallway, closet/dressers to put away your clothing,.......). And this hotel is a bit rundown: when I first entered the lobby, the first thing I saw was the wide-open door to a shabby office (I assume that it was the Manager's office). The immediate neighborhood when you first drive up is a dark, narrow street with garbage piled up across from the hotel. Not very stylish or boutique-like.

My room, despite my Marriott status, was tiny, without any closet space or a dresser in which to unpack my clothes. There was no small refrigerator if I bought some food at a local store. There was a microwave available in the lobby, but one in the room would have been more comfortable. There was a stylish touch in the room, the door to the toilet was a hanging, barnyard-type door. The hallways were poorly lit and both elevators had padding on all of the walls, as if a construction project were underway.

One good thing about this hotel was that the location. It was near many subway stations and I did not see any of the big city issues about which I had heard so much about before my arrival. There are artistic touches throughout the hotel, especially in the lobby and bar areas. The safe in the room gives peace of mind. The WXYZ bar is apparently an integral part of the Aloft brand. It looked nice and welcoming to walk through, but in my three days at the hotel, I never saw a bartender behind the bar.

I had been told that complimentary breakfast would be part of my room rate when I had booked the hotel three months earlier, but this was not offered. However, when I raised this complaint with the General Manager of the hotel, Jorel, he seemed sympathetic to the fact that something had gone amiss. The staff are friendly, though some of the front desk staff appeared a little bit less attentive than they could have been.

Overall, this was my introduction to the Aloft brand and my experience did not match at all what that branding promises.
Date of stay: November 2022
Room Tip: choose a higher floor (above 10th floor) as this is NYC
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
4.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded Dec 8, 2022
We appreciate you taking the time to evaluate your stay, and we are sorry we did not meet your expectations for a memorable and seamless stay. We are committed to providing the best accommodations and service. Therefore, we hope you will consider a future visit to experience the level of stay and hospitality we are typically known for extending to each and every guest.
3.9 km from Aloft Manhattan Downtown - Financial District
5.0 km from Aloft Manhattan Downtown - Financial District
Premium King
5.2 km from Aloft Manhattan Downtown - Financial District
Pool
Arlo SoHo Lobby and public space.
1.6 km from Aloft Manhattan Downtown - Financial District
View more hotels in New York City
All reviews front desk wall street world trade new york subway station king bed upon check fidi memorial manhattan wtc cvs fulton block sink jfk starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2022

My wife and I went for New york comedy week. Nov 7th to 14th. We stayed for a week. Check in was quick. However there was no cold tap water. Anyone who travels to NYC knows that the tap water is the best in country; but sadly we were not able to partake. There was no cold water at all. Only hot water from the Tap and Shower. When we brought this up with the front desk, they just kinda shrugged their shoulders. We also had to ask them everyday to come and make the room. we were there for 1 week and only 2x they came automatically to clean the room change the sheets. We had to speciallfy ask them to do it. Very poor customer service.

Only Positive to this place was the close location to the subway station

I would recommend to stay away from this place or just get an AirBnB.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rogg2000
Jorel Veras, General Manager at Aloft Manhattan Downtown - Financial District, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2022

Reviewed November 26, 2022

This was a wonderful experience. Nayla was so kind and professional at check in. She has such wonderful energy, she really set the tone for our stay. Its so nice to be greeted with good vibes! I will definitely return.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share that your stay at Aloft Financial District Downtown was perfect in every way. It is great to know you enjoyed the caring service provided by Nayln, and we will surely relay your kind remarks to her. We are also happy to read you appreciated your time here with us. We value your business and look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed November 25, 2022 via mobile

After a long flight into the city Nalyn made our trip so easy and enjoyable with a friendly smile! So appreciative of her hospitality. Will for sure stay here again! The room was very clean and smelled great! Spacious!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share that your stay at Aloft Financial District Downtown was perfect in every way. It is great to know you enjoyed the caring service provided by Nayln, and we will surely relay your kind remarks to her. We are also happy to read you appreciated your time here with us. We value your business and look forward to hosting you again on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed November 25, 2022 via mobile

Front desk personnel was not welcoming or friendly. No greetings, not eve acknowledgment when walking into or out from the lobby. Long faces when asked for basic items or services. All they wanted to do was to be on their cellphones.
Cleaning personnel on the other hand were wonderful! Smiles when interacting with customers, greeting people all the time.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed November 20, 2022 via mobile

Nalyn was amazing. good hotel. Great stay. Fantastic fun and friendly atmosphere, i would definitely come back again, even if was just to see sexy and beautiful Nalyn! Wonderful fantastic superb brilliant

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at Aloft Financial District. Your comments really motivate us to continue delivering on our promise to our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!