“The Best Baguette in NYC”
Review of Maison Kayser UWS

Maison Kayser UWS
Ranked #60 of 394 Bakeries in New York City
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Description: Artisanal, handmade, natural breads, pastries, cakes & French bistro dishes for food lovers!
Reviewed April 12, 2016

This bakery has saved me thousands of dollars in airfare to Paris because I can get fantastic baguettes and pastries in NYC

Reviewed April 10, 2016

all that the title supposes, this is an ideal place for a quick pick-me
up or, of course, breakfast or lunch....a bit pricey, so didn't look into dinner there...should add at times seriously crowded..

Reviewed March 28, 2016

Very much enjoyed my recent brunch at Maison Kayser UWS. Food was delicious, especially the pastries. The service was great; we had no complaints.

It was, however, very crowded, and we needed to stand in line to wait for a table--not much room between the brunchers and those buying from the bakery.

Nevertheless, I am positive that I will return in the future to try some more items from the menu.

Some advice: during the colder months, try to avoid the table directly by the entrance--every time the door opens there is a gust of freezing cold air.

Reviewed March 28, 2016

The croissants at Maison Kayser are to die for, especially the chocolate-almond -- best I've ever eaten. However, you should get your food to go or eat at the espresso bar rather than the restaurant, because the service was very slow and inept, at least when we were there.

Reviewed March 26, 2016

A very enticing menu and delicious food means this is a place to savour breakfast and not rush off. My cocotte of egg and mushrooms was sublime, and my husband loved his eggs and bacon. We couldn't resist a perfect French baguette with butter and jam. Hot chocolate and coffee was great too. There are all manner of enticing breads and cakes to tempt you on the way out as well!