1,353 results
All reviews exercise equipment yoga mat penn station ping pong cork floors great hotel times square madison square garden new york filtered water body wash sliding door javits center modern hotel the high line rain shower would definitely stay here again
Reviewed January 15, 2018

We booked this hotel on a chance as my wife surprised me with a birthday weekend in NYC. The hotel was a block from the subway and was centrally located in midtown Manhattan. The staff was amazing friendly, helpful and accommodating. My wife is a real stickler for cleanliness in hotel rooms and she was happy at how clean the room was. We had an issue with the lights and a technician came in and had such an amazing personality. He was friendly and engaging while he troubleshot the issue. The food on premise was all healthy and tasty. We will definitely go back when we visit NYC again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JC-and-Paris
Dieter S, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2018

JC R,

Thank you for spending your birthday celebration with us here at EVEN Hotel Times Square South! I am pleased our commitment to personable excellence and cleanliness throughout our property resonated. That being said we are disappointed we missed the overall excellence of which we demand from ourselves and we hope to earn that last circle upon your return visit the next time your travels bring you to NYC!

Reviewed January 14, 2018

I originally picked this hotel due to it's central Manhattan location. It's right next to Penn Station, when you get off the train from the airport. However, that turned out to be just one of the many reasons to stay at this hotel.

The staff were fantastic - helpful, friendly, and always on hand to help, every single one of them. It was also fantastic to find pieces of gym equipment in my room, which was really useful on the days when I couldn't get downstairs to their in-house gymnasium.

They also have a really healthy cafe/ restaurant, for breakfast and dinner, including a bar, which I didn't really get to sample.

However, I will definitely be staying at this hotel the next time I visit New York City, and can't recommend it enough.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Danny A
Dieter S, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Danny A,

Thank you for choosing our groundbreaking wellness brand here at EVEN Hotel Times Square South and for your excellent rating! I am elated to read that your experience matched the all encompassing personable excellence of which we demand from ourselves. We are thrilled to read that you plan on returning in the near future and we thank you for your recommendation!

Reviewed January 14, 2018

We stayed at EVEN by chance after our flights got cancelled at JFK following the crisis 2nd week of January 2018. Joanne (reception), Patrick (Engineer) and James (house keeping) all went out of their way to not only accommodate us during our stay but also went above and beyond to help us re-organise our travel arrangements home. Genuinely helpful and caring staff. We will return one day!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jayronwong

Jay W,

Thank you for your excellent rating and for being our valued guest! Our goal as a collective team of passionate hoteliers is to provide a genuinely personable and energizing escape from the uninspired cookie cutter norm here at our wellness brand. I am ecstatic to read the Joanne, Patrick, James and our team were able to make your experience with us memorable. We eagerly await your return visit and we thank you for your review!

Reviewed January 11, 2018

Very well located, close to Penn Station and Times Square. 24/7 well equipped gym. Healthy food available for breakfast. In-room exercise equipment available. Staff is friendly and provide an exceptional. Hotel is clean and modern.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank David H
Dieter S, General Manager at EVEN Hotel Times Square South, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2018

David H,

Thank you for choosing our groundbreaking wellness brand and for your excellent rating! As you mention our location is second to none here in Manhattan and we take great pride in pairing our wellness offerings with a genuinely personable guest experience. We hope to have the honor of having you back with us many times in the future and we thank you for your review!

Reviewed January 10, 2018

If you are looking for a place that has hotel rooms that are part hotel room and part workout room, you have found the right place! I have never seen such a setup. It was interesting. The rooms are equipped with exercise balls, and other workout equipment and gear. The floor is literally like a gym floor. When I first walked in the room I had to have them remove the equipment and air out the room (open the window) because it smelled like a gym! My biggest complaint, however, was the closet. Out of all my years of traveling, I've never seen a hotel room with basically no closet. It was literally a tiny "Half sized" closet, meaning it didn't go all the way down to the floor. That was quite shocking when I had a week's worth of clothes to hang up, including dress clothes for the opera, etc. I wish we would have known this ahead of time, so that it why I'm including this in my review, so you all will be aware! :)

Room tip: Don't choose this hotel if you have long gowns or clothes to hang. They do not have closets for this.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank benzslkgirl

benzslkgirl,

Thank you for your review and for choosing EVEN Hotel Times Square South during your travels from San Jose! We demand an all encompassing excellent wellness experience centered upon an energizing personable guest experience unlike any other in hospitality today of which the vast majority of our guests have alluded to. I am disappointed to read your experience fell short. In addition to our closet space we have ample storage space via our spacious pull out drawers underneath our beds and are of close more than happy to store any additional luggage our belongings for you during your time with us. While we are proud to offer our in room fitness options paired with 15+ channels of trainer led workouts we are also more than happy to remove any or all of our wellness equipment prior to or during your experience with us.

Anything short of excellence is simply a failure in our eyes and we hope to have you back with us to earn the five circles we take such pride in ensuring.