“came here on a pulsd deal - would have been a bit pricey otherwise”
Review of L'asso

L'asso
Ranked #1,797 of 16,093 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Manhattan (Downtown)
Reviewed October 3, 2016

I saw a Puls'd deal for L'asso (one large pie with either a bottle of wine or four cocktails). It seemed like an awesome deal! When I did a quick Yelp, I saw it was already on my bookmarks list, so it was pretty much a done deal.

My boyfriend and I arrived at about 2 pm on a Sunday and the place was nearly empty. It could have also been due to the fact that the last day of the San Gennaro festival happened to be going on at the same time - so I'll give L'asso the benefit of the doubt. There were a few pizzas that caught my eye, but we finally decided on half tartufo (portobello pesto, mushrooms, choice of smoked or regular mozzarella, rosemary & truffle oil), and half culo di porko (tomato sauce, mozzarella, crispy prosciutto, scallions). Both were good, but nothing amazing. The mushrooms tasted fresh. The prosciutto tasted more like bacon than it did prosciutto.

Overall, I had a good experience. However, the pizza seems a bit pricey for the quality. You're better off heading over to Rubirosa nearby. I'd probably only return if there was another Puls'd deal.

Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

Went there for lunch because of their gluten free pizzas. The place looks worn maybe on purpose, but we didnt see one table without pizza crumbs from earlier guests. We got a glass of tap water which tasted of chlorine. The pizzas them selves were fine, but without much taste. And the $22 for their cheapest gluten free pizza is way too much.

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

I ate here the last time I was in New York and literally had a dream about the pizza so knew I would be back. I was not disappointed. This pizza is just perfect and I can't wait to go back. A tip- they only take cash. The place is very small so a wait may be required.

Reviewed August 9, 2016 via mobile

This ist the best Pizza in Manhattan! Its amazing. Service perfekt. Location is very good. My favorite Pizza all over the world

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed July 12, 2016 via mobile

We found this place on Groupon and decided to go after seeing 100% positive feedback. The pizza we tried was excellent. You can tell it was good quality ingredients and the taste was just on point as well. The place is rather small and they have some interesting weird pictures on the wall that makes you think this place use to be a strip club in the 70s (See the attached pics)

Overall this is a great place to eat in Nolita and I would highly recommend it.

Date of visit: July 2016