All reviews brooklyn bridge temple court beautiful hotel the financial district story atrium alley cat woolworth building new york lower manhattan wall street world trade bar lounge downtown nyc modern amenities concierge team freedom tower rain shower
Reviewed January 16, 2018

We spent Christmas in New York (our first time ever) and we loved staying at the Beekman. The hotel is situated south of the city and therefore it's a 20-25min uber ride in to the "hot spots" e.g. central park/times square everyday but ubers were cheap and the hotel is actually out of the hustle and bustle which is nice.

The staff were lovely, always friendly. The rooms are immaculate, cosy and the bar downstairs fab (great for a pint or a cocktail).

I would be more than happy to stay here again ticked all the boxes.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BKM_RobAndrews, General Manager at The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Dear bobleeigo,

Thank you so much for your lovely review! I am so happy your first trip to New York was a memorable one especially a The Beekman. Our staff is simply amazing and you got to experience that first hand. I'm glad you were able to explore the city and come home to a comfortable room and relax with a tasty cocktail from the bar. We cannot wait for your next stay with us again.

Reviewed January 12, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely way to catch up with a very good friend one fine afternoon. The ambiance was impeccable, the mood was delightful and the food was divine.

The interiors was a sight to behold. It feels like you are brought to another time.

Very classy and elegant.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank kmm8679
BKM_RobAndrews, General Manager at The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2018

Dear kmm8679,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! I am thrilled you had a great time catching up with your friend and enjoyed the food. I must say, I also feel as if one steps back in time when walking into The Beekman. We all have a lot of pride to work here and I am very glad you found the service to be lovely.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful Hotel and rooms. Spacious. Clean. Friendly service. Great lighting - not a easy to find in trendy NYC hotels! Love the Peleton bikes in the gym! We were celebrating a 10 yr anniversary. The hotel not only upgraded our room but also sent us a bottle of champagne and chocolate truffles. So generous! I’d stay here again any day!

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BKM_RobAndrews, General Manager at The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear m&mlovetotravel,

Happy 10 year anniversary! Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so thrilled you had an amazing time while staying with us. Our hotel is truly amazing but what makes us so special is our staff. We cannot wait for your next trip to New York, and of course to The Beekman!

Reviewed January 9, 2018

We really loved this hotel an would have to say its the best hotel we have ever stayed in. All of the staff were so friendly and accomodating. I had noted on our booking that we were getting married whilst staying in the hotel and as a surprise to us they sent us a bottle of champaign with a hand written card congratulating us. The turn down service is excellent, as is house keeping. The restaurant is lovely. The only downsides worth noting are the the rooms are small- not surprising given the age of the building, but storing suitcases was challenging. We also had lots of street noise, particularly on new years eve where there was lots sirens- but being NYC this is probably to be expected. Overall great experience.

Room tip: We stayed in room 405 which did have street noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Amy R,

Congratulations on getting married! Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us during such a special moment in your lives. I am so happy you found our staff to be warm and welcoming and made your stay with us memorable. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2018

I had a quick 40 hour visit to NY and spent two nights here.
This is a smart hotel and has a vintage look and feel with all the modern updates needed.
The atrium area is a nice place to sit - but does fill up in the afternoon and evening with non-hotel guests (staff are good at finding guests some space though).

The rooms are nice - but be warned, they are small.
I had a room at the back which overlooked a building site.
I checked in late after travelling for 21 hours so was exhausted and just wanted a shower - I should have requested another room,
It snowed when I was there so they were using warm air blowers on the building site from 6.30am.
Once this building is built then I think these back rooms will also get zero natural light.

Bathrooms were lovely with a really nice style to them and a good size.
The rooms themselves though are small - king size bed, narrow desk and assorted lamps.
The wardrobe was not built-in and had no shelving in it - quite useless if trying to unpack into it.
I am a single traveller - two people would feel cramped here with little room for bags etc’.

This is not a bad hotel - quite stylish and service was good - but the rooms are small and I personally feel you can do better for what they charge.
I was back in NY a week later for 7 days and found a great super-size 1 bedroom apartment on airbnb in Soho - similar dollars but it was a world better and there were loads of bars and cafes within the immediately neighbourhood.

Room tip: Avoid one overlooking the building site adjacent.
Trip type: Travelled solo
BKM_RobAndrews, General Manager at The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear WalterBW,

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. I'm very pleased you found our building to be charming and our staff to be attentive. Our bar is quite popular and with our Concierge team's help they are able to reserve seats for our hotel guests. I'm sorry you found our rooms to be small, and hope you give us the opportunity to welcome you back once more so you can have a flawless experience.