1,596 results
All reviews grand central station great location scott fitzgerald front desk new york boutique hotel around the corner empire state bryant park two blocks chrysler building room was spacious small hotel continental breakfast times square great room high floor
Reviewed March 3, 2016

We had a good time here. I'm giving it the benefit of a good review here as they weren't all up and running when we were there. The room we had was nice and the hotel is modern and clean. By New York standards everybody was friendly and helpful. The bar/Restuarant wasn't open when we were there and that spoiled it for us a bit. They were offering free continental breakfast though.
The location is brilliant especially as we were coming in from Newark airport and the bus stop from there is just a few metres from the hotel. So close to a lot of attractions and Grand Central is a block away so you can get anywhere really easily. I would go back and for me that says it all.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Michael H, Manager at The Renwick Hotel New York City, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2016

Good day,

Thank you for choosing us and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us at The Renwick Hotel while visiting The Big Apple! Please note, Bedford & Co. restaurant is now open! On your return visit, it is highly recommended you try it out and we hope to see you again in the very near future!

Reviewed March 2, 2016

I don't get all the hooplah? My stay was highlighted by the loudest room I have ever stayed in NYC ( and I lived in NYC for 13 years), my water literally turning off while shaving and showering twice and a bathtub that would not drain (gross). Doorman Nick never said a word to me until I left when he handed me a business card and asked me to mention how good he was at being a doorman? Ummmmm ok? Odd. The other huge issue is the restaurant in the hotel is a wood smoked grill theme so all your clothes and the room smell like smoked meat. The location saves this overrated hotel. Won't stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank JShap2311

Good day,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us. I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay with us. Please contact me directly at your earliest convenience so we may learn more about your experience. I would also like to have the opportunity to restore your faith in us for a future stay.

Reviewed March 2, 2016 via mobile

Im just back from super 4 night stay here with my partner at the end of February. It's a fabulous wee boutique hotel located just around the corner from Grand Central station! I'd say it is ideally located and within walking distance of most of the main tourist attractions in Midtown eg Times Square, Top of the Rock, Bryant Park (approx 20mins) and approx 30mins walk from Central Park. We didn't need to hail a taxi once!

The hotel itself is really funky with quirky design features throughout. Our bedroom (a gallery King) looked really cool and had a literary inspired theme to it. The room was spacious - it had a King sized bed which was SO comfortable, a large flat screen TV, fridge and room safe together with nice little touches like a decent hair dryer (yes I do judge hair dryers! Haha), large floor to ceiling mirror, glass bottled water and bath robes. The bathroom was also clean and really bright. The staff are friendly and even helped arrange a small birthday surprise for my partner in our room on our arrival which was so nice of them! The reception staff were very helpful and accommodating. The only slight downside was when one lift wasn't working one day, which meant a wee bit of a wait to get to your room, but it was soon fixed by the next day. I'd highly recommend this hotel if you want to be in the heart of NY city and can't wait to come back and stay again!

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank KirstenG_100

Hello there,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review about The Renwick Hotel and your experience while creating with us! Our team greatly appreciates the praise and certainly embodies the service culture we thrive to maintain on a daily basis. We are thrilled they went to the next level and provided the surprise gift for your partner! We hope to have you return to The Renwick again in the very near future.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

Beautiful hotel,lovely staff,great location-only two minutes walk from Grand Central so easy to get onto the Metro.have been to New York several times,this is definitely my favourite hotel,and the price was great.
Rooms are full of character,staff are always friendly and helpful,free (and fast) wifi,massive tv in room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pete D

Hi there,

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed creating with us at The Renwick Hotel while in NYC. Our Wi-Fi is VERY fast and our rooms live and breathe the artistic character as designed! The comments about the staff are greatly appreciated and our rooms are very spacious for NYC standards. Thank you for taking the time to write this review and we hope to have you return in the very near future.

Reviewed February 29, 2016

Stayed a week in February and I am giving the Renwick an excellent review for it's spacious modern -urbanely cool rooms and the staff's pleasant and helpful attitudes. The bedding was comfortable, the room was spacious- appreciate the extra touches, Large flat screen TV's and glass bottled water and robes. Each room is different. Had a F Scott Fitzgerald inspired suite with view of the Empire State Building. Only recommendation would be more bath products, lotions and soaps. The Restaurant had just opened on February 17th and it is worth a visit. The staff works very hard to accommodate guest. Nick the Bellman is proof that New Yorkers are friendly, pleasant and helpful - I plan on returning!

Room tip: Book a suite for extra space
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Good day,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this excellent review and for ranking us with a big 5 out of 5! Our location is perfect and our beds extremely comfortable. When you return, we would be glad to have extra amenities sent to your room prior to your arrival for you convenience! We look forward to being your host again in the very near future!

Warmest Regards,