“Amazing food but don’t order coffee after dinner”
Review of 15 East Restaurant

15 East Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
15 East Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,239 of 16,106 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$50 - US$50
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 5th Avenue
Transit: L, N, Q, R, W, 4, 5 & 6 trains to Union Square - 14th Street and F & V trains to 6th Avenue.
Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

One of our favorite Japanese restaurant in NY. My favorites are lobster tempura and tuna flight. My child loves their white fish tempura (not on the menu, but they always accommodate). The service is top notch too. I am taking one star away because I decided to order cappuccino at the end of the diner to compliment their chocolate desert. I ended up getting a slightly warm cup of milky liquid that tasted nothing like cappuccino. When asked to re do, it was exact same cup with more milk added so it would overflow all over the cup. The server got annoyed when I sent it back too. If a michlein star restaurant offers coffee, it should be done properly. Either take coffee items off menu, or invest into a decent coffee machine please!

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 20, 2018

Made a last min reservation . Wanted to go to a high end sushi place. 15 East was nice dont get me wrong, but I cant really say that anything stood out in particular. Ordered the omakase.If you are going to pay 150 dollars plus would consider another place. Maybe nicer to sit at the counter.For some reason there is only a single restroom in this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed May 5, 2018

Dined last night at 15 East. This restaurant knows how to deliver amazing sushi and a other delicious dishes. We started with the Japanese oysters that were served with a special house sauce. My wife and I were delightfully surprised to find two oyster in each shell. They were great. Next we tried the tuna tartare paired with additional slices of Tuna, Then on to the soba noddles with shrimp teriyaki. Every dish had great quaintly ingredients and was well presented. We finished with three types of sashimi and were very content. The service attentive and very pleasant. This might be my new favorite Japanese restaurant in NYC. Both my wife and I can't wait to return!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 22, 2018

$500 later, we were kind of sick of sushi, couldn't really eat anymore considering there's only two of us. We had two sashimi omakase one sushi omakase, one yellow tail four way appetizer, one soba and a tuna flight. Including a carafe of sake and tip came to $500+.

Everything was fresh and good but I think I would've preferred sushi zen than here.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed December 1, 2017

By far my favorite; Purist sushi at its best with excellent service, the freshest fish, wonderful ambiance. One of my favorite restaurants.

Date of visit: June 2017