Review Highlights
Great for the whole family!

I brought my two teenagers to see this while we were visiting NYC. I was surprised at how small... read more

Reviewed April 26, 2017
jess731
Boston, Massachusetts
Play Shear Madness

Saw this play on first visit to USA at JFK Centre Washington. Enjoyed so much that as saw it was on... read more

Reviewed March 31, 2017

from US$98.75
from US$139.75
from US$107.13
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 1, 2017

I loved the small theater - we got tickets on Groupon and I don't think there's bad seat in the house. The show was fun and my teenage sons laughed a lot, enjoying the witty jokes about the recent election and Manhattan. It's a great show for kids (even though a lot of the jokes are geared to adults) and the interactive nature of it keeps them engaged. I wouldn't say it's one of the best shows I've seen, but it was enjoyable as a family excursion.

Date of experience: December 2016
ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2017

Thanks for being an armchair detective with us.

Reviewed November 23, 2016

The show is great!!! It's a lot of fun for kids and adults.
From the start, it is a very engaging show. There are a lot of funny gags and lines. And it is very interactive.
It it fine for kids --- there are a few risqué lines, but they will mostly go over their heads -- and they will love the audience participation and funny gags.
I would definitely go again -- and would totally recommend it.
It's Off-Broadway location and small theater do detract from the "broadway show experience", but it's definitely a great event. It's close enough to Times Square that you can still consider it Bway.

Date of experience: November 2016
ShearMadness, General Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2016

Thanks for playing Shearlock with us!

Reviewed November 7, 2016

This show had me laughing from start to finish. The cast is perfect for their roles! I loved the audience participation - just the right amount. It exceeded my expectations and would recommend to all who visit NYC. Check Groupon for discounted tix.

Date of experience: October 2016
ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2016

Thanks for playing Shearlock with us!

Reviewed October 27, 2016

Far exceeded my expectations ! This off Broadway play has a great cast . After the intermission the cast involves the audience in the "who done it" part of the play . I laughed so hard my ribs hurt ! The theatre itself is only small , less than 300 capacity I think , but this is another instance where sizes doesn't matter . My parents accompanied me , they are in their 70's , and they want to go back to NYC to see this play again !

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed October 27, 2016

buyer beware. Tickets in the front few rows are obstructed view and cost $98 with fees. At no time during the ticket purchasing process was the obstruction noted. Even Ticketmaster lets you know! Given that this is an interactive show it was very disappointing to not be able to see much of what was happening to various characters when they were behind the giant sink in the middle of the stage. I tried twice to get a partial refund and the ticket company refused. Adding to the annoyance is all the other people in those fronts few rows craning to see as well. The show itself - meh. The jokes were lame, the acting over the top. You're much better off spending your time and money doing a speakeasy or brownstone tour of NYC or seeing much better shows like Ave Q, Wicked, Stomp, Kinky Boots, Book of Mormon.... Shear Madness does not the caliber of acting or plot to warrant it's ticket prices. And you can't see parts of the show.

Date of experience: September 2016
ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2016

We are sorry that you found your seats to be unsatisfactory. Upon your next visit to the Shear Madness salon, please do not hesitate to speak to one of our ushers or house management. They are more than happy to assist with reseating as long as space permits."