“My first show in NYC! Funny! Loved the cast!”
Review of Shear Madness

Shear Madness
Reviewed February 27, 2017

Shear Madness was great! The cast is funny and gets the audience involved. I was worried in the beginning with the loud music playing but after a couple songs it stops. My husband and I sat in the 3rd row, 1st and second seat from aisle and the sink on stage blocked our view quite a bit but other than that it was a great experience! Patrick Noonan was my favorite to watch and Gil Brady is some serious eye candy! Overall it was both funny and fun! I now want to plan a girls night to take my sister and mom! Ending always changes so I would enjoy it again just as much.

Date of experience: February 2017

Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

This show was great , came out for my birthday to NYC , 5 friends out in ny . The show was easy to find . Had no issues , it's a small theatre , which was great . Highly recommend this show .

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed February 7, 2017

So, off Broadway can take you into some intimate spaces.... and Shear Madness does just that.... The Davenport has a single aisle, 127 seats, and there's not a bad seat in the house.

This is a theatre experience worth having. The show is kept fresh with current references (I saw it 20 years ago and felt the same way). The cast is really good. I'm a Patrick Noonan fan... he's perfect in this. Lisa McMillan is awesome. Jordan Ahnquist keeps things going with subtleties and facial expressions worth the price of admission. Gil Brady is the devil, and he's delicious in this production. Priscilla Flowers (formerly Fernandez) makes the most from what I think is the weakest role of the show as written. She's a refreshing choice here. Jonathan Randell Silver sneaks up on you in this show... he's hilarious. I about came out of my chair when I first saw him... as I remember him from 2000s Keeping the Faith with Ben Stiller.... poor kid, playing the bongos... and repeating a refrain that just made me laugh. He's a talented guy, and he's great in this.

This show picks up when the audience participation ramps up. A major credit to Patrick Noonan. He's quick... and he's in control. Our audience had an outlandish woman on the front row who'd had too much and could have been a major distraction. Noonan handled it... was funny about it, and knew not to "engage" too much... just move the show forward, which he did, expertly.

There's a risk with a show like this that requires instant feedback and give and take... you're in a small space, and live acting sometimes feeds off the energy of the audience.... but it works. It's fun. It's funny. And it's a really enjoyable evening at the theater. Got a free night in NYC? Go check it out.... nice job all.

Date of experience: January 2017
2  Thank TripTipDad
Reviewed January 19, 2017 via mobile

My fiance and I were invited to the show by an ex-colleague of mine and we had no idea what to expect. It turned out to be a great show with a good amount of audience participation. A brilliant experience that helped makd this trip to NYC so perfect.

Date of experience: January 2017
ShearMadness, Public Relations Manager at Shear Madness, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2017

So glad you were able to play Shearlock with us!