“Great bakery in Hells Kitchen ”
Review of Amy's Bread

Amy's Bread
Ranked #11 of 402 Bakeries in New York City
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

As a local I love a shop like Amy's. The staff, food, and location is great. So let me describe what Amy's is and is not.

Amy's is not a Starbucks with a huge location and people on laptops working. Instead the location is small but with personality. When you walk in here it feels warm and welcoming.

Upon arrival you are either welcomed with a long line or no line depending on the time of day. But what never fails is the smell of fresh bread and baked pastries. My favorites are cherry scones and French baguette or the mini ones. ( but beware only the early bird catches the cherry scone. It's my fave and apparently everyone else) Another recommendation is the black and white cake it's a slice of heaven in Hell's Kitchen. ( it's a big enough slice to share if u like that sort of thing. Me I normally eat the whole thing )

So if you stumble upon this place on your adventures do give it a try it does not disappoint. And remember it's Amy's Bread so try the bread.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Small bread shop with few tables to have your breakfast. Big in choices and freshly made. Reasonably priced and good taste of coffee served.

1  Thank Charlie C
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We came here for coffee based on their boast that they serve "Australian approved coffee". Unfortunately it did not live up to their claim. However their cake display looked impressive.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Amy's Bakery seems to be a popular place to hang out and chat over coffee and dessert. This Friday night was my 2nd visit in about a year. Both times the coffee was not so good. I had 2 ginger snap cookies (They were OK, but didn't taste like ginger snap). Although he was polite, I had great difficulty understanding the order taker, so maybe they were another flavor. In the past I've had Amy's Bread; it's delicious. I think it's the same bread they serve at Charlie Brown Restaurants.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Stumbled across this place on our way back from lunch and decided to poke my head in . Everything looked awesome. I chose an Almond Chocolate Croissant. When she handed me the bag it was really heavy... I had to try it immediately. Delicious, tons of almond and chocolate! I wished I had bought 2.
I can't wait to try everything they bake!