“Great Bakery”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This is the bakery you want in your neighborhood. The selection of pastries and breads is large and the quality is second to none. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

While walking in a regular busy day at Chelsea Market, just got to Amys to grab a cup of coffee and saw they had an sticky bun.....? gave it a try and boom! best one ever, so I asked them to put all 5 different Sourdough Twists to go. Great call, everything I tried from this place was outstanding, highly recommended !!!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

The staff is friendly and the atmosphere homey, a real neighborhood vibe. Variety of breads and baked goods is great, as is the coffee. Also offer selections of sandwiches which are delicious.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

I got the last piece of blueberry pie. It was so damn good I would have taken a whole pie home. The cheddar biscuit and ham sandwich was good even though they smashed it in a grill to heat it. The service was not as good as my last visit. I beat the rush but they were more interested in each other than me or other customers. Still may go back before I leave NYC.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I was in Hell's Kitchen for about a week for work. My hotel area didn't have a lot of restaurant choices, so did a google search. Amy's bread looked good, and after visiting their website I decided to stop and check it out. I just needed a grab and go meal for dinner, due to the long day.

The menu looked good, and I was looking for a sandwich and dessert. The good news is the sandwich menu looks extensive, the bad news is they are not prepared at the time of ordering. So as the day moves on, the selections get very sparse. I was interested in a turkey sandwich, and even though I got there around 6, they only had two sandwich choices available, one of which was chicken salad, the other a hummus sandwich. I'm a big fan of hummus, but went with the chicken salad.

I also grabbed a almond croissant for breakfast the next day, as well as a cupcake. This is primarily a bakery, which is my weakness, but I restrained myself. Everything they had looked really, really good. The baked goods selection was pretty varied even at this hour of the day. The chicken sandwich, even though not freshly prepared, was excellent. You can always tell when things are made with good ingredients, which was evident here. The almond croissant, despite being a day old when I ate it, was also excellent. Not over poweringly sweet, which many places do, just perfect.

The location is not a larger storefront, and has limited but adequate seating. If I am in the area again I will make it a point to go early in the day to try a different selection.

I would recommend Amy's bread, and would be happy to go there again.

1  Thank Sean K