“Great lunch menu”
Review of Cafe Frida

Cafe Frida
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Frida is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,293 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Transit: Subway 1 to 79 st Subway 2, 3 to 72 st Subway C to 81st Bus M7
Description: The authenticity in our Mexican Regional Cuisine is a ritual of flavors, aromas, colors and textures dedicated to your soul. Our knowledge and passion for the tequila culture has been awarded by the Tequila Regulatory Council of Mexico since 2006, making us one of the few restaurants in the world of having such honor. Come and enjoy the warmth of Mexico!
Reviewed March 4, 2018

I was delighted to find this place so close to the Natural History Museum, as I'm there often. The lunch specials, priced at $16.95, are excellent, and available until 4:30 p.m. I am especially fond of the tampiqueña, a grilled skirt steak served with a cheese enchilada and a bit of guacamole, although it is sometimes chewy. I have also enjoyed the chile relleno and the flautas. The lunch specials come with a soup or salad and rice and beans. I always have the Sopa Azteca, a nice spicy roasted tomato soup. Pleasant atmosphere, good service.

Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

Price aside, drinks, service, food all excellent and I would definitely return but be prepared for $$$. Margaritas are expensive but delicious and I’d rather pay $13 for s great one than $9-10 for a crappy one. Although these are so good, you’ll want a second, which we had! Queso with chorizo was to die for and I am still dreaming about it. Shrimp tacos excellent. Wait staff very attentive and didn’t care that we wanted to have a leisurely meal and hang awhile (we were spending over $50 on margaritas so I’m sure they didn’t care!). Would def return.

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

I really liked the atmosphere, and loved the salmon dish. We also had the fajitas that were good, but definitely needed salt. The menu was ok, not too many good choices though. They really need to add to their appetizers. The wait staff can be a little more attentive, we didn’t see our waiter much and would’ve been nice to order another beer. By the time he came around we were done. But the staff is very nice, and it’s a good atmosphere, so worth checking it out.

Reviewed February 12, 2018

One of the best Mexican restaurants I've been to. Really nice service, great food, cool design/surroundings and a really fun atmosphere. The hibiscus margarita has to go down as one of my favorite drinks ever! A good place for a date or special occasion.

1  Thank jonbstrong
Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

Good Mexican restaurant a block off Central Park. Fun atmosphere and bar.
Staff was good, friendly and efficient.
Margaritas were tasty.
The menu was a bit limited. But I got a a poblano omelet. Delicious. We shared a homemade guacamole that was really delicious!
Good choice.