“Wonderful small boutique hotel !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection

Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #9 of 463 Hotels in New York City
chicago,il
“Wonderful small boutique hotel !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I booked this hotel because of the great reviews it had so I felt I needed to write one too. We had a junior suite on the top floor and it was great. It was very spacious and quiet with lots of windows. It was the bed and linens I loved the best besides the great front desk gentlemen. Casey at the front desk was always there to help us. Breakfast was nice but don't get there late because they do run out of things. The wine and cheese was lovely but wish they had it on sat and Sunday too. The elevator can be slow and the water pressure in the shower is poor but the building was built in 1920's so there isn't much they can do to fix those issues. The lack of a restaurant or room service is an issue for some people. I love a quiet room with a great bed and great staff so I will be back soon!

Room Tip: Get a junior suite on the top floor for a quiet rest in a noisy city.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
México

Dear All,

I am very very pleased to tell you that you succeeded in providing us with the highest level of service and comfort.

I've been in very fancy-expensive (some times over rated) hotels and I believe that very few of them have understood what you have: we saw you as A TEAM with one goal: the costumer. We always felt important and were treated with the utmost courtesy, respect and efficiency.

We really had a wonderful time with you.

Best personal regards,

Ángel

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Just returned from a seven night stay at the Hotel Elysee in New York with my 80 year old mother. It was an absolute find - the size of the rooms was very impressive - and very quiet. The service was perfect - the rooms were serviced every day and the staff were very informative . All the thigs they say about good hotels - info on restaurant, finding hard to get theatre tickets - it was all here. And whilst there is a down side to staying mid town in terms of restaurant close by - with the price of taxis so low, a trip up to Soho for dinner most nights was not a problem. And the Hotel Elysee is in a perfect place to shop and in walking distance of The Modern - an eating delight. All in all a perfect place to stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room at th back for quietness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is our fifth visit to the Hotel Elysee. As a born New Yorker living in England for the last three decades I don't relish staying in a hotel when I visit the city, but the Elysee has become a sort of home from home. The staff are friendly and very helpful, the rooms comfortable and clean, the lounge - open 24 hours a day with coffee and tea - a great amenity where I invite relatives to meet me and my husband can invite colleagues. The hotel won't 'wow' you, but after a day out in the city it's great to come back to somewhere quiet and intimate. Meeting colleagues one evening in the huge lobby at the Waldorf Astoria we really appreciated the calm and intimacy of the Hotel Elysee.

Room Tip: Even on the 9th floor we could hear early morning noise from 54th Street, not a problem for us but a...
1 Thank BPS2011
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

We had a wonderful stay at this lovely hotel. The room was lovely and the bed very comfortable (an important aspect for me).
Most important, the staff were generous, helpful and considerate, from the Reception men and women to the ladies who provided breakfast and wine and cheese.
We were fortunate to find a quite reasonable rate this time of the year; when we last visited New York during mid-October for our daughter's wedding, we couldn't afford the stay. So I valued our recent visit all the more.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Santa Fe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I can't say enough good things about this midtown hotel. Bed and linens are perfect. Included breakfast--yes you can ask for espresso drinks--is delicious, varied and would only not satisfy those who want a full, hot breakfast. I book a standard room and love facing the street. If you can appreciate a fine, older hotel, you won't be disappointed. Front desk always staffed with great folks. A find!

Room Tip: If street noise is an issue for you, ask for a room in the back or higher floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Terrigal, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

After careful reading of reviews on TA chose the Elysee Hotel for our fortnights’ stay in fabulous NYC.

The location in Upper Mid-Town made Central Park, 34th , 32nd streets and 5th Avenue easy walking. Handy to a number of subway stations where after a bit of trial and error we found that we could reach anywhere we wanted.

As an added bonus the hotel has free Wi-Fi throughout with a very good signal (even works in elevator) - coupled with a handy desktop PC with printer in club room.

The club/breakfast room located on 2nd floor is an asset to guests - breakfast which is simple but adequate, consisting of cereals, fresh fruit, bread, bagels, yoghurt, tea and coffee all supported by friendly and very efficient staff .

As previous reviewers have commented the club room, on Level 2 - weekdays 5- 8pm - serves free wine, cheese, and appetizers. Again served by extremely efficient and friendly staff.

In general the staff were simply fantastic and professional. Special mention of the housekeeping staff whot maintained room in spotless condtion throughout our stay.

One small issue that should be mentioned as a matter of constructive feedback. Upon arrival at the hotel we requested an ice bucket from reception to chill some wine to celebrate the beginning of our holiday - the ice bucket did not arrive - this alone is a complete non- issue. However, on the evening of 1st November we requested an early morning wake up call (4.30am) - (to facilitate our departure for a pre-booked - prepaid day trip) - from reception. We did not receive any call - fortunately we used a small travel alarm - which is not necessarily reliable as a “ fail safe” - our alarm worked. Upon enquiring at reception at 5.15am that day when leaving the hotel - the gentleman at the desk indicated that there was no request logged. Again, a small matter - however - IF - we had been relying upon hotel staff for a wake up call to catch an international flight - without a back up - the consequences (for us) could have been expensiv e andserious.

Would we recommend the Hotel Elysee ? Yes -

**** We would also have normally provided a *5 Excellent TA rating.

Room Tip: As others have correctly identified - rooms on higher floors at the rear of the hotel are apparently...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vada
elysee54, General Manager at Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Vada,
It means so much to us that you selected us after researching TripAdvisor for your 14 night stay! I am pleased by all the wonderful comments you made about our desirable location, the effectiveness of our complimentary WiFi, our comfortable Clubroom and its abundant complimentary amenities and lastly our staff all of whom I am most proud of for their hard work and diligence at making each guest’s stay a happy one.
My only regret is that we seem to have failed you on two occasions. I sincerely apologize and take full responsibility for you not receiving your wake-up call. I agree and empathize completely with your example about missing a flight due to not receiving a wake-up call. After reading your review I began my investigation and noticed the absence of your room on our call sheet. I can only assume that the agent you spoke to forgot to mark your request. Thank you for providing me with a wake-up cal. I have now implemented a procedure, which requires the agents to repeat the request back to the guest, which hopefully will eliminate an occurrence like this from happening again. I am fortunate to reply to a most understanding guest like you who did thankfully make your prepaid tour and not someone who would be rightfully upset had they missed an early flight or any appointment for that matter. With regard to your request for ice, again, I offer my apologies. Ice should not have taken more than ten minutes to reach your room. I am sorry we failed you with these two simplest of requests. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to earn that five rating. Please feel free to contact me on your return as I would be delighted to personally assist with your reservation.

John Avina