4,713 results
All reviewscolumbus circlerooftop poolthe holiday inn midtowncentral parknorth towernew yorktimes squarelincoln centerbit datedhell's kitchentwo double bedscarnegie halllarge roomconcierge deskfew blockssubway stationmidtown manhattan
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Was hesitant about this hotel after reading some of the previous reviews. Had none of the problems that some others mentioned. Must have completed their renovation b/c our room was fine. The bathrooms do smell musty, though. Staff was always polite and helpful. Parking was very reasonable for NYC and the attendants were extremely helpful. Pool hours are too short. Very close to Central Park. Nice neighborhood.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2011

spent the weekend there¡ nice location pool was great specially bartender Alvaro he was amazing !!!!! rooms a bit dated but who cares ! got a great view of the fireworks! def would stay there again

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I went on a tour of NY with a group. They had stayed here b4. When we arrived there was no air condition. The group leader had called the night b4 and was not told of this. There was notices in the elevator stating the air would b out for 3 days!!!! The manager had no conscience what so ever! He NEVER said he was sorry. Our group had 45 rooms booked and not a word of apology or trying to find us something else. We were told that we would get a fan and we could open our windows (These only opened about 3-4 inches). Called for a fan...they was out....finally we got one fan. My group of 4 had a asthmatic person with us). The bathroom had no fan...the gnats were as big as flies in the bathroom and just keep accumlating. I had to call 3 times to ask for additional towels and wash clothes!!!! Rooms were old and outdated....staff was rude. Not helpful except for one bellboy named Jimmy. He was the nicest in the hotel. I hope that Holiday Inn Management will look into the rudeness of its staff at this hotel. The only good things I can say is ....easy to get a cab and no bedbugs! Room 441-2 nights! No view!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank AmeL70
Reviewed June 27, 2011

Last time I stayed in this Hotel, it was a pleasant experience. Front desk was friendly and helpful, the room was nice. BUT that was in 2009. This time the experience has not been so great. On June 26, while taking a shower, the water stopped running. Called the operator and to my shock I was informed that water will resume in about 20 minutes. With Shampoo on your head, it is unheard that in any hotel in New York, water wilol stop running. On june 27th the air conditioning did not seem to function. Called the operator and to my utter shock I was informed that the air conditioning system would start functioning not before Tuesday i.e on Ju8ne 28th. A guest expects that atleast there would be a notice or an apology but probably iy appears that Midtown Holiday Inn takes its guests for granted. I was also made to feel as if booking the hotel through a site other than Holiday Inn was not welcomed.

Room Tip: Book the room directly with Holiday Inn.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I checked in today and the AC does not seem to be working! It is the peak of summer in New York and one is just sweating it out in this hotel room, after having paid for four nights at a stretch. Not a word of acknowledgement or apology from the management. There is no indication as to when this problem will be fixed. Really disappointed. Will not stay in this hotel ever again...

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business