“Great stop over and location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Watson Hotel

The Watson Hotel
Ranked #347 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Savannah, GA
“Great stop over and location.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Good room. Clean, cheap, very helpful front desk personnel. Would definitely stay again. The location can't be beat, 1 1/2 blocks from subway to take you anywhere. Get a room away from renovation noises, another guest complained about it in the elevator but we had no noise what so ever. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for upper room away from construction.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Wanted to be close to the Theatre District, so this filled the bill! Usually the rooms in NYC are small for the price that you are paying....so if you want larger, and in this area, then this is the place to be. Yes...the plumbing in the hotel is something to be desired! Very loud flushes and crazy loud banging of door!! The bathroom is very small and the FLUSH from the toilets will almost suck you in! WOW!! The splash it creates is CRAZY!! Also, the bathroom tiles on the floor are sooooooooooooo very slippery! The Trip was with "the girls" and all of us almost went down due to the slippery tiles! This was true in shoes, socks or bare feet! Very dangerous! We also HATED the handicap shower....UGH!! That said...it was in a GREAT location with very accessible restaurants and bars in a very close walking distance. Try Bello and the Eatery...blocks away on 9th! We stayed in the South tower....less noise than North Tower. I am not sure we were in a newly renovated room....sure didn't seem like it!! But...we weren't in NYC to stay in a hotel room for long periods of time!!

Room Tip: South Tower is quieter!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank stamfordnortheastgal
Derry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Best holiday... great base to stay. No noise, no fuss.. rooms are all pretty small in NYC but these were fine, great shower, nice big TV loads of channels, the reception staff were really pleasant and helpful if you needed them! Really comfy bed after a day walking around the big apple was just what we needes! About 10 min walk from Times Square but there is loads to do and see on the way and it was perfect setting to our NYC break! 5 nights - really affordable would definetly stay here again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michaela_1987
Vaughan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed at the holiday in with a girlfriend for 5 nights, the staff was very friendly and helpfull the hotel room was very big (we were on the 7th floor).
A bit old but very comfy the biggest issue we had was the plumbing that was very noisy we could here it through the walls.
we recived a paper every morning and the room was clean and organized when we got back in the evening.
Great location as well vey close to the subway with the A train arriving direct from JFK.
Close to central park and a few stops from Time sq.
Just remember that you are paying for the holiday inn and not the Hilton.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank KNGD
Northbridge
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel in February 2012 and thought it was awful. In the hallway on the seventh floor the wallpaper was falling off the wall and had been taped back on with masking tape. The wallpaper under the sink in our bathroom had peeled off and there was serious mold there. The room was only moderately clean. I spoke with the hotel staff who did offer us a new room, but we where there for only two days (Thank God!). Regarding the hallway, I told several staff but no one seemed to care to much. Food was edible, but not much more. I WOULD NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL AGAIN!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Christina H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at The Watson Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Christina H,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take comments such as these very serious and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Katie J
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these New York City hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one week. I chose it because of its location and because of the price. I doubt you could find a better priced hotel in the area. If you want to spend an extra 100 then you could probably stay at another hotel in Manhattan but this hotel is fairly priced and not overpriced like the other 3 star hotels in the area. I asked for a newly renovated room when I checked in. I also checked in at 6 in the morning so I am very grateful to the clerk who checked me in early with no hesitation. I was staying on 10 floor. The room seemed to have new bedding and curtains. The carpet did not look new but it was not dirty. The bathroom was small but very clean. There was some rust on the toilet but nothing to complain about. Remember that this is an old property in New York city. Because of all the bed big reviews I took the time to inspect the room before settling in. I ripped the bedding apart and moved furniture and looked behind picture frames. I came up with nothing. Not even a dead cockroach. It was very clean! When staying in a hotel in midtown I only have two requests. No bed bugs and the rooms needs to be clean. You can't expect much else for the price. 150 a night in New York will buy you a high class room in a Motel 8. That's how far 150 goes in the area. Know what you are buying before you complain. That being said I am disappointed that I wasn't told at check in that the AC was not working. I called down later that night and the desk clerk told me they didn't turn on the AC until April. Which is fine. If that's how they run their hotel I have no problem with that but I would have appreciated being told at check in. They quickly offered an electric fan for the room. I asked for two and they brought the fans quickly. The fans helped a lot and because it was not hot outside I didn't really need AC. This would be a big issue in the summer time. I would suggest calling to make sure the property has AC. My only other complaint is that the smoke from the room upstairs came down into our room from the bathroom vents. I'm not smoker so it did bother me. I was not in the room very often so I did not complain. I would stay at this property again. The rooms are not the best but they are the best that I could afford. There are plenty of cheap hotels in NYC if you are willing to commute. Overall, they have nice clean rooms. Great housekeeping staff. Friendly front desk. Great location. Great prices. Could use some updates but I felt like I got what I paid for. If you have an extra 100 a night to spend then spend it! There are nicer properties. Either way. It's NYC. Enjoy your time and save your money for the city!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank RubyWick
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Just got back from a six night stay in New York and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Midtown. I was in the north tower on the 9th floor and the room was clean and comfortable. The staff were friendly at check in but the bell staff was the friendliest and most helpful. All the staff responded quickly to our needs and questions. The hotel is near subway stations, central park, Times Square and was in a convenient location. Walked around at night and I felt safe. The room was large but the bathroom is small but it served its purpose. The bed was comfortable and clean.

I would stay here again if I go to New York. I would recommend this location to my friends too. It is not a resort, just a clean and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family