“Great expericene!”

Ranked #266 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Chepachet, Rhode Island
“Great expericene!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I just retunred form a weekend stay with the Sklyine Hotel over Memorial Day weekend. I have to say I was very impressed with this hotel. The rooms where spacious and very, very clean! It was also very quite. We never heard any outside noise or other guests. The beds where so comfortable. The showers had great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. The discounted parking at the garage right next door was an added plus. The location was so close to everything. Only a few blocks from the theater district. I would highly recomend the Skyline to anyone looking for a very clean, spacious convinent place right in the heart of Newy York City.

Room Tip: Check the web site for great deals!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2012

If your want to stay in Manhattan, this is a great choice. The rooms are large and comfortable. It is extremely clean. Not a bad walk to Times Square and while this is NYC, the are seemed safe. Cab's were a breeze to get, the subway was a short walk. Also
9th Ave is loaded with bars and restaurants so dining options abound. If a clean place just a little out of the way for a super price is want you want, this is the answer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank dancersdad
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed at the Skyline from May 10th through the 13th.....lovely hotel! The room was clean and very spacious, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful with questions, and it's in a great location. Looking forward to returning!

Austria
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I stayed a week at this hotel and for the price, it was fairly good. Small room and a tiny bathroom but I had a view of the 'New York Skyline' so I was happy. I found the traffic to be quite noisy in the street out the front but it didn't keep me awake. The hotel is close to Times Square as it is only a few blocks away and an easy walk - we did it every day. There's a great pizza shop across the road and plenty of places to get your laundry done cheaply. I did not eat at the hotel as the restaurant was closed. There is an excellent deli across the road for breakfast. There was a small fridge in the room and coffee making facilities. If you have young children, Hells Kitchen Park is across the road and down one block. Fire Station is close by as lots of fire trucks went by at night. Check in was fast and the staff were excellent.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank saventravel
Sydney
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We stayed here as part of a contiki tour over NYE and I was pleasantly surprised with the Skyline. I expected it to be a further walk from Times Square however it was well within walking distance. The rooms were huge and had a lovely bathroom, large bed and (at least in my room) a great view. I was on one of the higher levels so not sure if street noise was a problem on lower levels. Didn't use the pool either however we did eat at the restaurant attached one night. The food was fine but the service was slow and one meal came out cold. However I think we received a discount on our bill which was appreciated.
My only criticism was the cost of wifi. With so many hotels offering free wifi it was really a shame that wasn't offered to us. I payed something like $10 for 24 hours which would have been quite extravagant had I been staying longer than a few days.
However overall the hotel was fantastic and I definitely stay there again. Close to main attractions, restaurants, grocery stores, subways - everything you needed. Was a little more pricey than other hotels I stayed at but I wasn't disappointed with my stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank tracy2112
Denmark
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Nice and clean rooms. Walking distance to most NY attractions and plenty of restaurants close to the hotel. We had a room with two queen beds and it was fine. We didn't try the pool or the restaurant. Overall we didn't spend much time at the hotel, but the time we spend there was fine. The hotel is pet friendly so you can bring your pet.

2 Thank dwille
northernholly
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I recently stay at the Skyline Hotel for my 40th birthday. The staff surprised me with a beautiful birthday basket in my room. Staff were very friendly and helpful. The location COULD NOT HAVE BEEN BETTER!!! We never took a cab- we were able to walk everywhere. Times Square close by. Restaurant Row - EXCELLENT! Redline Double Decker Bus stop a couple of blocks away. Would LOVE to stay here again!!! Subway near-by. Restaurant had great drink specials, and good food. Would highly recommend to anyone- great place for the price!!! Thanks, Skyline Hotel for the wonderful experience!!!

Room Tip: Pool area is not the greatest, but stop up there at night just to check out the view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends