5,078 results
All reviewstimes squaregreat locationnew yorkrooms are smallboutique hotelaround the cornerrockefeller centercentral parknycsubwayconciergeradiodinerbroadwayavenue
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We stayed in a small double room and it was indeed small. We were there for 4 nights and i think that would be the limit for that size room. However it was clean and tidy. We arrived on a Saturday night and we were wide awake until 4am due to the bar playing loud music downstairs. We were on the third floor. This late night music is on Thur,Fri and Sat nights, so we only suffered one night. However the location was amazing, it was literally 1 minute to Times Square. The reception was very funky and had free internet. The location more than made up fr our small room and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
StayManager, General Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2010

Dear Chidders, I am delighted that you enjoyed the location of the hotel! What’s not to love, since the hotel is situated in Times Square and is a short walk to all the major attraction of the Big Apple? Please let us know when you are retuning and we can make arrangements to reserve a room on a higher floor.

Reviewed July 25, 2010

Let's be honest. What do you really want. Price..Location. Just start booking this hotel right now. New York is expensive. The only reason I use a hotel in New York is because it is convenient to everything. I don't need a pool or lounge. 95% of the time when I'm actually at the hotel, I am unconscouis...sleeping.

That being said, I understand the reviews I read. The decor of the hotel was stylish. This includes the room. I was definitelly ok with the style. However, the room we received was the size of a large closet. The desk drawer handle was broken. Average cleanliness feeling. I could still see hair on my towel. Granted, it was my hair but if I was cleaning I would have removed it. It was an impression I received.

The staff is not rude. Most respond to you but they are not service oriented. I went up to the desk several times. They kept asking me to move to move to where they're desk was. I guess they weren't where their desk is usually. They don't immediately respond to you that's true. They'd rather finish their own conversations with other staff members than see what the customer needs first. Also asked for a cab, ended up hailing my own cab in the rain. It was annoying but I'm pretty independent anyway. Plus, it's pretty hard to hail any cab in Times Square especially when it's raining so I can understand why they didn't seem really enthusiastic about it.

The air conditioner was extremely noisy. I can sleep with noise if it's a constant noise but this air conditioner would be humming and then it would start another noise like rushing water or something. I fixed it by just turning on the fan instead of the air conditioning.

The fact of the matter is the place needs good management. But lets be honest if it did, we'd be paying a lot more for the room so I'm ok with everything. I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Dear WindyCityWomen,. Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed the style of the hotel. Our restaurant Aspen Social Club and the hotel’s public spaces have been featured in many publications. We certainly do not boast the largest rooms in NYC, but those familiar with Manhattan hotels will find our rooms to be of average size for the city. I am disappointed that you found your experience with our guest service team to be average. Our staff is a dedicated group of hospitality professionals and is interested in exceeding expectations. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
Regards,

Reviewed July 24, 2010

My friends surprised me with a trip to NYC for my 30th bday and we stayed at Stay. right in Times Square. The hotel was right around the corner from Broadway and minutes from everywhere else. When we told the front desk it was my birthday she upgraded us from a double to a queen and the room was very nice! The bed and pillows very comfortable! I also asked the hotel manager for a recommendation for my bday dinner and the place she suggested was awesome! She also sent a complimentary chocolate fondue and fruit dessert to my room to celebrate with a card! I've never been treated so well at any hotel ever! The only thing I recommend is to not stay on the second floor over their night club Aspen but we were warned before hand. Other than that I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will travel back again and again! Awesome price for an awesome hotel!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
StayManager, General Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2010

Dear Lisac1523, Happy Birthday! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted that you enjoyed your celebration weekend at STAY. We look forward to hosting your next visit to NYC.
Warm wishes,

Reviewed July 24, 2010

I spent four nights at this hotel from July 16th through 20th. I had reserved via booking.com for a reasonable rate. The main reason I chose to stay here was its excellent location: it's basically in Times Square, corner of 47th and 6th Avenue, a block away from all the main attractions, like Rockfeller Ctr, subway and railway stations and only 5 minutes walk from Central Park.
On my arrival I found out my room ( a standard queen sized) was upgraded to a King room. I was thrilled at first because I had not requested it and , moreover, I didn't have to pay extra. To my surprise, when I got to the room (room 820) I discovered the size of the whole room was miles away from being King sized. Anyway, it was clean, the bed was comfy and the bathroom spacious enough. Better suitable for one person, not for two. But once in New York , one would not expect to spend their whole day at a hotel, so for the night it was ok. There was a mini fridge in the room, a flat TV screen a Bose radio station with Ipod cradle. There was no proper closet though, except for a tiny wall closet with a safe and ironing board in it. So I had to leave all my stuff in the case. In the room rate a special pass to a nearby fitness center was included upon request at the reception, but I never took advantage of it. Free Internet connection was provided on the lower ground floor in the business center, as well as free copies of the New York Times.
Breakfast was not included in the price, but giving the hotel's central location, loads of options where handy (Starbucks, Pret a Manger, Sbarro, to name a few).
All in all , I would say that it is a place with no frills but good for exploring the city- far from top of the line but affordable and clean. I would recommend it to both young people on a budget and families and personally i would stay there over again.
Only drawback, the heavy noise at night. I could not sleep most of the time. This is the toll one has to pay to stay in Times Square...but who cares anyway when you are in the City that never sleeps?

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
StayManager, General Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2010

Dear LellaSS, Thank you so much for your comments about your recent experience at STAY. I am glad you enjoyed our location and guest room amenities. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Best wishes,

Reviewed July 11, 2010

My wife and I went to NYC for 4 nights to see some shows. The hotel is 1/2 block from the 50% off ticket window and is near all of the theaters.

That said, the hotel room did the job-- a decent room at the end of the day. The room was very clean. The shower was great, the A/C was cold, (if a bit noisy) but the room on the 4 th floor picked up some of the night club noise and street noise. The noise was not really a problem for us.

There are several small eateries and groceries very close by so food, snacks, bottled water were easily accessible.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
StayManager, General Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2010

Hello Mike99Md, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Best wishes,